I see that you are coming right through New Orleans, LA which is where I live. It's one of those places, if you've never been, that you just really need to stop and spend a couple days downtown in the French Quarters. Its sooooooo rich with culture, music, and historical artifacts and building, and THE BEST FOOD IN THE NATION HANDS DOWN!!!! Give me a call when you come though and I would be glad to bring you guys around to see some of the sights and point you in the right direction.

I will second the blue ridge parkway from Cherokee, NC and add the cherohala skyway, tail of the dragon, foothills parkway, and the great smoky mountain national park as a whole. That should be somewhere that you spend at least a full 3 days riding through. Its about the best riding in the country for sure. I go every year in September for a week and still after 3 years riding haven't ridden all the nice roads through those mountains. Really from North Georgia where the smoky mountains begin all the way up the blue ridge parkway and up to Virginia/Maryland area is just absolutely beautiful, especially off of the interstate.

Grant