A few accessories questions

Thread: A few accessories questions

A few accessories questions

A couple of things that I want to do to the new ride that I am seeking input on. Let me start by saying that I know a lot of this is personal preference, but my questions are more about fit, finish, reliability and placement more than anything else.

1) Passenger floorboards -- My wife is pretty much insisting on floorboards. I don't really care one way or the other. I have seen "mini-boards" that are ~ 5.5 x 4 and regular boards that are ~ 8 x 4. The caveat to both is that they "may not" fold without getting in the way of factory parts. Is this truly an issue? If not, I would assume the smaller boards for the back would look less obtrusive.

2) XM/Sirius -- Which brand of radio seems to be most reliable? Where is the best place to permanently mount the antenna? The last one I had, the antenna had to be mounted to metal somewhere -- not sure if that is still the case.

3) passenger intercom pigtail -- where is the best way to route this? is it standard routing and length?

4) 12VDC outlets -- I know there is a pre-wire for one in the left glove box. Is there a standard place toward the back of the bike for an outlet as well?

5) LED headlights -- I've seen these advertised on here. How hard is the install for a complete and total mechanical novice?

Thanks,

Blaine

1. Get GL1800 full blown wing boards. They lay flat when up and keep the SO feet off the lay down bars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLDWING-180...ZWquh7&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Goldwi...VW6HHH&vxp=mtr

5. SoCal LEDs. The low beams are a breeze, the highs a bit more tight to get to. If you have a friend with girly sized hands they can be of a big help. If shooter was close by he would be your man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter

Bad comments recieve quick reprisals!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    OH Boy! that gonna leave a mark!

Oooooooo, right in the love kitchen. I deserved it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver