Your state's registration fee - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your state's registration fee

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Wow, some of you guys are really getting the shaft. I thought it was bad here.
    Yea, Maryland is good about that. They stick it in far and deep. Can't wait to leave this state and emigrate to free America.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Here in Illinois it is $41.00
    + $10 for a vanity plate each year = $51 in IL not to mention the $65 fee to secure the vanity plate initially.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by BEIST View Post
    $18 bucks in PA for registration and then another $40 for the State inspection once a year.
    In certain counties in PA it's $18 for the state plus $5 for the county. Yearly state inspections range from $30 to $40.

Carl
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2007 Blue/White Suzuki M109R LE 05/02/2007
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1999 Black/Red Honda Valkyrie Interstate 05/05/2012 (Sold 7/25/15)
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

Where I am in NY I pay 42.50 for the reg and 6 bucks for inspection. My friends on the other side of the Hudson River pay the 17 dollar plush inspection. I fall under the MTA as we have Metro North train station.

Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiDan View Post
    Just re-registered my CTX700, and it was $132. For one year. Yeah, I pay in 1 month what some of you are paying for the year. But then again, California makes up for it with the highest gas prices in the US!
    The PRK has a large K-Y portfolio.

I think it's about $28 or so tag fee every year. No inspection, no helmet required if you are over 21 & have adequate insurance. 11231688_10206128563551583_5934837486282783783_n.jpg
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    These are my fees which are payable when I get my plates each year:
    Excise Tax----156.00
    Wheel Surtax 20.00
    Reg. Fee------- 26.35
    ______

The excise tax drops about $12 per yr until the vehicle is 10 yrs. old
    FYI, those 3 are ALL an 'excise tax'. Excise tax = privilege tax.

btw, most Citizens (along w/ their gov't workers) unfortunately do not know the difference between 'motor vehicle' and a car or automobile or a modern mode of conveyance Nor the difference between 'traffic' , 'passenger' and traveler. And, unfortunately, most Citizens do not realize that you DO NOT need a Soc Sec # to work in America as well. Didn't believe it myself until I wrote the SS Admin back in 2002. Their response letter clearly states in the 2nd paragraph, the Soc Sec Act DOES NOT require a number to work and live in America. Haven't used my SSN to work since then. Side benefit is that a SSN is also a 'tax ID #'; thus if you work w/o a TAX ID #, you are not liable for Subtitle A 'Income Tax', nor liable for for Subtitle C "Employment Tax'. Thus, for the last 14 I've keep 100 % of my compensation for labor.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous1 View Post
    FYI, those 3 are ALL an 'excise tax'. Excise tax = privilege tax.

btw, most Citizens (along w/ their gov't workers) unfortunately do not know the difference between 'motor vehicle' and a car or automobile or a modern mode of conveyance Nor the difference between 'traffic' , 'passenger' and traveler. And, unfortunately, most Citizens do not realize that you DO NOT need a Soc Sec # to work in America as well. Didn't believe it myself until I wrote the SS Admin back in 2002. Their response letter clearly states in the 2nd paragraph, the Soc Sec Act DOES NOT require a number to work and live in America. Haven't used my SSN to work since then. Side benefit is that a SSN is also a 'tax ID #'; thus if you work w/o a TAX ID #, you are not liable for Subtitle A 'Income Tax', nor liable for for Subtitle C "Employment Tax'. Thus, for the last 14 I've keep 100 % of my compensation for labor.
    Really?

Got to be a catch. Or the black ATF helicopters and ATF agents just haven't tracked you down... through your non-existent SSN.

Do you live on the beach and pan handle... per chance?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Really?

Got to be a catch. Or the black ATF helicopters and ATF agents just haven't tracked you down... through your non-existent SSN.

Do you live on the beach and pan handle... per chance?
    This guy tried something similar and won an expense paid vacation in the big house. He also got an ID/registration # 43355-018.

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Where I am in NY I pay 42.50 for the reg and 6 bucks for inspection. My friends on the other side of the Hudson River pay the 17 dollar plush inspection. I fall under the MTA as we have Metro North train station.
    Hi there, i live on the other side of the Hudson in Walden NY. I also pay $42.50.

Maybe we can meet up some time.

Richie