I'm all in... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm all in...

Quote Originally Posted by rmpbrown View Post
    Heya Jimmy - I do plan on keeping the Harley. She has Rinehart pipes and is pretty loud (bought it that way). The bike is actually pretty smooth but doesn't lend itself for long distance travel. I took it down to San Antonio to visit my father and was almost deaf (half helmet) and wind blown by the time I made it...lol That was about 6 hours each way. I also don't like getting that bike above 65-70 mph. It seems like it is wound up high in 5th gear at those speeds. The loud pipes probably make it worse than what it actually is (no tach on the Harley).

I am still getting used to is how close together the lower gears are on the F6B. I feel like 1st gear on the F6B is like granny gear on those old 60's model trucks (very short). I suppose that is normal? My buddy that has a regular Wing says he starts out in 2nd gear unless he has his wife aboard. For smoothest clunk/noise free shifting, I am in overdrive by about 30-35 mph on the F6B. No complaints btw, just my observation and what he recommended.

The F6B seems really smooth at 75-80 mph and is whisper quiet at speed. It handles like a sports car compared to the Harley. I would have torn the floorboards off my Harley by now after my trip down 315 to Palestine and back! That road has some pretty good sweepers.

I love the F6B! I feel like I will be able to crank some miles out!

Nothing wrong with owning an F6B and a Harley---even if it is a non Harley. The guy I work with tells me I don't really own a Harley at all---regardless of what the title and gas tank says.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome to the pack

Congrats and Welcome!
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

Welcome ! I'm in the same Honda/Harley owners club as you. Its a great sport and I enjoy both bikes.

Attachment 19914IMG_0517.jpg

............. My buddy that has a regular Wing says he starts out in 2nd gear unless he has his wife aboard. For smoothest clunk/noise free shifting, I am in overdrive by about 30-35 mph on the F6B. No complaints btw, just my observation and what he recommended.

The F6B seems really smooth at 75-80 mph and is whisper quiet at speed.........
    I just might have to try this out. Wonder how much I'll have to slip the clutch to get a good launch. You are right though, seems like the F6B is geared low.

75 - 80 is the sweet spot on mine. So much more stable then any of my Ultras were. This bike just goes where you point it and carves the curves without effort. Each time I ride it I like it more. I have to say that this bike is the best I have owned to date.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    Welcome ! I'm in the same Honda/Harley owners club as you. Its a great sport and I enjoy both bikes.

Attachment 19914Attachment 19913
    Thanks Brew! Those are two great looking bikes! Do you have a favorite between the two?

Thanks Brew! Those are two great looking bikes! Do you have a favorite between the two?
    Right now, I'm having a blast with the F6B. So it's probably my favorite until summer when it's brutally hot. The heat off the two radiators might be unbearable in the baking days of summer.

When I took the Harley in for tires this month, it really felt good cutting the wind with it again. The smooth riding on the F6B is hard to beat. What a great problem to have !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I just might have to try this out. Wonder how much I'll have to slip the clutch to get a good launch. You are right though, seems like the F6B is geared low.

75 - 80 is the sweet spot on mine. So much more stable then any of my Ultras were. This bike just goes where you point it and carves the curves without effort. Each time I ride it I like it more. I have to say that this bike is the best I have owned to date.
    Delta - I tried the second gear start and it seemed just like starting from first on my Harley. I googled a bit last night and it seems there is a debate as to whether or not it is good for the clutch. Of course one guy mentioned he has always done it on a 40K bike since new and another says why do they have a first gear? So who knows...lol