Howdy from DFW - Prospective Owner - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from DFW - Prospective Owner

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Welcome / (I had a 2010 HD Fatboy and the F6B makes me barley look back) I bought the 2013 standard black $13600 out the door with extended warranty and road side

It sounds like you have been reading the forum and have most of the needed add on's already figured out.

I can recommend a few things from you comments.

Seat: Mustang Day Tripper - puts you down an inch
    Windhield: Madstad (the best I have ever had) The stereo will get much louder
    Cruise Control: I added the aftermarket cruise control (works great / a real project to install) Nice on long trips
    Maintenance: Other than oil changes you won't need to do much

You are right this is the best bike / I love it more every day / ride it and you will believe.
    Steve
    Nice deal on a new bike! Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check em out once the bike is in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    FWIW, I picked up a used 2013 on Feb 19th for $12,500 from a dealer here in Austin. Traded my previous bike in and walked out only owing $5200. Like you, I had the chance to test ride one a couple of weeks before the purchase and didn't want to return it. I don't regret the buy at all. I've since racked a hair over 8,000 miles on it. My previous bike, I had used for commuting and a few weekend outings and over the course of a year and a half only managed to put 10K miles on it.

I love this bike. I find excuses to ride it. Never had cruise control before, think it might be nice to have on my upcoming national tour on the bike but definitely wasn't a deal-breaker.
    Kury Ergo III pegs are a great addition...the riding position is good but my knees need that stretch now and then.
    Swap out the windshield unless you find a bike where someone has done it already. My bike came with a Klock Werks. I don't like wind hitting me directly in the neck and face. Some don't mind it.
    Servicing the bike is easy, except for the aircleaner, but it's not that difficult to get to. I ordered a service manual but won't see it for another few months apparently. No problems thus far figuring stuff out on my own and with the help of this forum. There is alot of great tidbits of info...and plenty of folks that tickle the funnybone. Probably the nicest bunch for a forum I've ever been part of, and that's saying alot since I've been on forums before there was a fully public internet. (back when 300 and 1200 baud modems were used to connect to FidoNet)
    The plastics, while there is a ton of it on the bike, are easy to remove, easy to paint, and relatively easy to get back on.
    If you are comfy with the seat, stick to it unless you start feeling butt-burn or some other issue. I've logged 3 tanks of fuel (just off the bike long enough to fill it up) without having to get off and walk around a bit at the fourth and it was more for leg/knee discomfort than butt. I think the stock seat is awesome.
    There are some great deals on well-maintained used F6B's.

Enjoy!
    Another great deal. You guys aren't helping my GAS any, just making it worse! Do motorcycle forums use the term GAS(gear acquisition syndrome)? I use it often on the guitar forums. That's great info, I appreciate. You folks have been great already!

The new 2013 close by for $16g otd sold. None of the local dealers are wanting to budge on price for a 2015. I'm going to shop around. There are still some 2013s out there for $13999, not too far away. Hoping to pull a 2015 for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Yes Sir. I wanted a '15 Deluxe for the cruise control, passenger backrest, center stand, and better paint. Love that blue.
    I found it in the classifieds right here on this forum about 2 weeks ago.
    It belonged to Pseudo-Fed and we made the deal but I couldn't get up there to pick it up till this past week.
    Personally, IMHO, if you can rustle up a '15 Deluxe, it's the one to get for the above reasons.
    I also looked online and there are 2 dealers in Arkansas that had some brand new '15s for sale fairly reasonable, but ya gotta call em.
    Honda of Russellville was one. The other was Heartland Honda in Springdale, AR.
    Matter of fact, on the Heartland web site they are showing a '15 Deluxe on sale right now.
    I'd call both of em and see what kind of deal they'll cut ya. That is what I was about to do when I stumbled onto Pseudo-Fed's bike.
    Just want to say thanks again for the heads up. Just put down a deposit with Russellville. They beat the Arizona price and are 10 hours closer to home. I fly in next Monday to fetch it.

Quote Originally Posted by LPMojo View Post
    Just want to say thanks again for the heads up. Just put down a deposit with Russellville. They beat the Arizona price and are 10 hours closer to home. I fly in next Monday to fetch it.
    I think Russellville was one of my suggestions to you last night on here.
    It was the best I could do seeing where I bought that '15 pristine blue one right out from under ya.....sorry 'bout that.
    Let us know how ya like it once ya have it. The more I ride mine, the more I love it.
    LJ

I think Russellville was one of my suggestions to you last night on here.
    It was the best I could do seeing where I bought that '15 pristine blue one right out from under ya.....sorry 'bout that.
    Let us know how ya like it once ya have it. The more I ride mine, the more I love it.
    LJ
    Yessir, your post led to my purchase. 🙂 Can't wait til next Monday.
    One thing that's weird, they advertise on eBay that they'll pick up a buyer at the airport, which is an hour away. When I asked about getting to them from the airport, the sales person said most folks use a rental car. I wonder if the free ride is only for the folks who pay the asking price on eBay. The eBay ad also mentions a 22% discount on accessories for anyone buying the f6b. Wonder if I can a deal on a windshield for the ride home.
    Regardless, can't wait to get it and take the long way home thru Arkansas and Oklahoma. Gonna be a blast!

Congratulations on the new and enjoy the ride home

Once again welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by LPMojo View Post
    Yessir, your post led to my purchase.  Can't wait til next Monday.
    One thing that's weird, they advertise on eBay that they'll pick up a buyer at the airport, which is an hour away. When I asked about getting to them from the airport, the sales person said most folks use a rental car. I wonder if the free ride is only for the folks who pay the asking price on eBay. The eBay ad also mentions a 22% discount on accessories for anyone buying the f6b. Wonder if I can a deal on a windshield for the ride home.
    Regardless, can't wait to get it and take the long way home thru Arkansas and Oklahoma. Gonna be a blast!
    Congrats on the purchase!!! Glad I could help in some small way. If I were living close by, I'd drive ya up there to pick her up.
    As you probably already know, that stock windshield is pretty much the pits. I'd definitely have a full face or a flip helmet for the trip back....LOL...and don't forget the earplugs. You'll need em.
    The one I purchased already had the Madstadt on it and I'd highly recommend it, or a Klockworks Flare.
    The Madstadt is no prize in the aesthetics arena but it sure does work really, really well
    I have the Flare on my GW trike and it, too, works and looks great. Either one of those in super dark gray would do well on the B. But I gotta tell ya; that Madstadt has definitely grown on me though even as ugly as it is.
    Just an FYI: Make sure they check the final rear drive fluid level before you leave outta there. There have been some of these not filled up all the way. Russellville is known to be a darn good dealer so I would expect them to have already done it, but I'd ask to be sure. Give it a good, thorough walk-around and make sure it's to your satisfaction before you leave there. Let us know how it all goes and about the trip back. Stay safe too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    Congratulations on the new and enjoy the ride home

Once again welcome to the forum
    Thanks!!!

Congrats on the purchase!!! Glad I could help in some small way. If I were living close by, I'd drive ya up there to pick her up.
    As you probably already know, that stock windshield is pretty much the pits. I'd definitely have a full face or a flip helmet for the trip back....LOL...and don't forget the earplugs. You'll need em.
    The one I purchased already had the Madstadt on it and I'd highly recommend it, or a Klockworks Flare.
    The Madstadt is no prize in the aesthetics arena but it sure does work really, really well
    I have the Flare on my GW trike and it, too, works and looks great. Either one of those in super dark gray would do well on the B. But I gotta tell ya; that Madstadt has definitely grown on me though even as ugly as it is.
    Just an FYI: Make sure they check the final rear drive fluid level before you leave outta there. There have been some of these not filled up all the way. Russellville is known to be a darn good dealer so I would expect them to have already done it, but I'd ask to be sure. Give it a good, thorough walk-around and make sure it's to your satisfaction before you leave there. Let us know how it all goes and about the trip back. Stay safe too!!!
    I always wear ear plugs for extended highway riding. I wonder if that will change with a taller windshield and less wind noise.
    That Madstadt is not my thing. Not gonna do it, no matter how well it works.
    Thanks for the tip on the final rear drive fluid level. I'll mention it before I get down there.
    Man, this is going to be a long week.

Congrats on the new ride ... Fellow DFW'r New to the F6B

Congrats on the new ride, I just picked mine up from Freedom Powersports in Fort Worth last Saturday. A brand new 2014 (non deluxe) with a Zumo 665LM and luggage rack for 15.3 LOVE THIS BIKE. This weekend is putting all the farkles on that the FEDEX man is supposed to be dropping off tomorrow. Maybe Ill see ya out and about here in DFW.

Attachment 20360

LPMoJo,
    Just an FYI....I finally got a few minutes today and put mine up on the lift table to double-check the differential fluid.
    I was about 2 oz. low. That's half empty or half full however you want to look at it.
    I went ahead and drained it and added the full load of Amsoil 75W90 to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxers View Post
    Congrats on the new ride, I just picked mine up from Freedom Powersports in Fort Worth last Saturday. A brand new 2014 (non deluxe) with a Zumo 665LM and luggage rack for 15.3 LOVE THIS BIKE. This weekend is putting all the farkles on that the FEDEX man is supposed to be dropping off tomorrow. Maybe Ill see ya out and about here in DFW.

Attachment 20360
    Nice pickup! What's coming in the mail?

LPMoJo,
    Just an FYI....I finally got a few minutes today and put mine up on the lift table to double-check the differential fluid.
    I was about 2 oz. low. That's half empty or half full however you want to look at it.
    I went ahead and drained it and added the full load of Amsoil 75W90 to it.
    Based on your advice, I sent a text to the sales guy regarding the final drive fluid level, yesterday. Hopefully they'll make sure it's right. Seems weird that it's an issue at all.