Cap for antenna stub
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cap for antenna stub

Cap for antenna stub

I never use the radio and the antenna is in the way when I carry items on my luggage rack. Removed the antenna and added a cap. Wasn't tight enough to stay so I added a couple dabs inside from a hot glue gun

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...uctId=32496226

Attachment 20361
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

I removed the OEM antenna. Replaced it with an amplified antenna I put under the rear tail section. I used a black plug in the hole of the boot. That's how it will be until I have the hole filled when I paint her next winter.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I removed the OEM antenna. Replaced it with an amplified antenna I put under the rear tail section. I used a black plug in the hole of the boot. That's how it will be until I have the hole filled when I paint her next winter.
    How is the amplified antenna working ? I laid my OEM antenna down under the back dash and it doesn't pick up squat.

With today's technology, why do they need that ugly antenna anyway. Something a little more stealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    How is the amplified antenna working ? I laid my OEM antenna down under the back dash and it doesn't pick up squat.
    It works better than the OEM, but that's not saying much.
    I was actually able to pick something up on the weather radio portion and pick up some AM as well as more FM.
    I recently upgraded the sound in a friends Batwing Fairing. She had an antenna inside her fairing that seemed to do really well, but there was no identifying marks on the antenna. I would like to find out where to get that one because it seemed to pull in many stations clearly from inside my garage.
    To be honest, between SiriusXM,I Heart Radio/Pandora and USB/stored music, I don't use the tuner on my stereo much if at all.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I was actually able to pick something up on the weather radio portion and pick up some AM as well as more FM.
    I recently upgraded the sound in a friends Batwing Fairing. She had an antenna inside her fairing that seemed to do really well, but there was no identifying marks on the antenna. I would like to find out where to get that one because it seemed to pull in many stations clearly from inside my garage.
    To be honest, between SiriusXM,I Heart Radio/Pandora and USB/stored music, I don't use the tuner on my stereo much if at all.
    Too much "talk" on the radio's music channels anyway...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Too much "talk" on the radio's music channels anyway...
    +1

Figured out how to turn off the radio a few days after getting my B 5 months ago and haven't looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    +1

Figured out how to turn off the radio a few days after getting my B 5 months ago and haven't looked back.
    +1. Did the same last spring.

What did the hidden antenna look like ? Was it OEM or aftermarket ?

Attachment 20365

Used to install a lot of these in the fairings of Harleys

https://shop.hamiltonmarine.com/inet...hp?recid=47561