And another new F6B owner ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And another new F6B owner ...

Another fast red one.

I stopped in my dealer down the street and they had another 2013 ,fresh out of the crate , up on a lift ready to be completed for sale. I asked Ray (the mechanic) if the 2013s were getting harder to come by. He said yep.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

ENJOY THE RIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    It's only 23 hours.... if ya wanna get there in a hurry...

Attachment 20434
    It's the Dragon Bike!

from Tampa Florida!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Congrats on the new ride. You'll love her!

Welcome from NE Ohio

Congratulations on your purchase.

Welcome from West Virginia! Enjoy the ride. Good people, good information, and sometimes good entertainment!!

Welcome!!!!! (New owner here as well!)

i have to say that as far as forums go, the people and posts on this one are GREAT! No bull crap and helpful folks!

Enjoy and RIDE SAFE! :-)

Joel S.

Freeport IL

Congrats on the new B. When I first purchased my bike last July, it was a brand new, leftover 2013. I had heard the horror stories about the paint so
    the first thing I did was build up about 6 coats of Liquid Glass over the course of a few days.

If you're looking for something that'll protect the paint and build up a tough layer, you'll need to keep looking because Liquid Glass isn't the answer.
    It is easy to put on-even in the hot sun. I DID let mine bake in the hot sun.
    But my bike has the fine scratches just like all the others have reported and I use nothing but microfiber rags to clean it with.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Circle-5
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Congrats on the new B. When I first purchased my bike last July, it was a brand new, leftover 2013. I had heard the horror stories about the paint so
    the first thing I did was build up about 6 coats of Liquid Glass over the course of a few days.

If you're looking for something that'll protect the paint and build up a tough layer, you'll need to keep looking because Liquid Glass isn't the answer.
    It is easy to put on-even in the hot sun. I DID let mine bake in the hot sun.
    But my bike has the fine scratches just like all the others have reported and I use nothing but microfiber rags to clean it with.
    Red paint pigments oxydize faster than any other color, including yellow (just look at a 10-year-old red car ...) so I expect to end up painting all the plastic at some point -- maybe a new color altogether. Chromated epoxy aerospace paint with an alodine coating pre-treatment is the probably the most durable paint system around (commercial airliners fly at ~600mph, so your typical bug or rain drop hits a lot harder ...) Of course, the stuff is probably illegal in this state. BTW, I had to order Liquid Glass from eBay, because Amazon won't ship it to over-regulated California.

I'm enjoying the F6B more and more. Even though it's 99% Goldwing, it's also very different and much more fun, IMHO. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their good wishes!