North East Meet and Greet - Page 16
Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    "Hopefully waterproof" gloves and boot covers ordered this morning....a must have for wet travel!
    Spider Feet! I may have mentioned them on our ride! Cheap and effective, they keep your shoes/boots "bone dry"

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV...qRTIgyI_y64iA-

Wayne, I was glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! Hopefully your dried out by now. You proved once again there is nothing in this world that's waterproof not even a duck's butt.

The good news, for me at least, was my cousin and his wife made it up from NJ yesterday to take me out for my birthday dinner but they insisted on going to the hotel for some unknown reason, supposedly for the crab soup. Turned out they knew my dinner would be free if I showed ID. proving my age and birth date. HMMMM. cheap soab.

That being said, let's get back to business. Who's in for the May15th. (it's blue to indicate probable cancellation due to rain) for the waterfall, apple pie, dam, lunch (dinner, hamburger joint, Chinese buffet, barbecue, hotel,) ride? Your choice when you vote to go. Hopefully we'll get this ride in before Labor day!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    "Hopefully waterproof" gloves and boot covers ordered this morning....a must have for wet travel!

Nice to hear you guys had a good ride Saturday. I can't do the 15th so enjoy the ride, unless it gets rained out and moved to the 22.

+1... what bob109 said... well at least the same type.

I gave up on waterproof gloves and boots and use rain covers for my hands and feet.
    Frogg Toggs for the rest.

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-t...it-covers.html

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-boot-raincovers.html
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Spider Feet! I may have mentioned them on our ride! Cheap and effective, they keep your shoes/boots "bone dry"

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV...qRTIgyI_y64iA-
    Bob, the ones I bought are similar...hope they work the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Wayne, I was glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! Hopefully your dried out by now. You proved once again there is nothing in this world that's waterproof not even a duck's butt.

The good news, for me at least, was my cousin and his wife made it up from NJ yesterday to take me out for my birthday dinner but they insisted on going to the hotel for some unknown reason, supposedly for the crab soup. Turned out they knew my dinner would be free if I showed ID. proving my age and birth date. HMMMM. cheap soab.

That being said, let's get back to business. Who's in for the May15th. (it's blue to indicate probable cancellation due to rain) for the waterfall, apple pie, dam, lunch (dinner, hamburger joint, Chinese buffet, barbecue, hotel,) ride? Your choice when you vote to go. Hopefully we'll get this ride in before Labor day!
    That sandwich at the hotel was awesome...quadruple club, boys. I will hold off on the horse radish though! My eyes watered. I'm in again for any weekend...we just have to wait to the last minute I suppose. Any food spot will work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Nice to hear you guys had a good ride Saturday. I can't do the 15th so enjoy the ride, unless it gets rained out and moved to the 22.

+1... what bob109 said... well at least the same type.

I gave up on waterproof gloves and boots and use rain covers for my hands and feet.
    Frogg Toggs for the rest.

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-t...it-covers.html

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-boot-raincovers.html
    Wish I asked first...I ordered Alpinestar Drystar gloves...hope they keep the hands dry. Water even seeped in between the rain gear top and bottom. I guess a one piece would be better, but I'm not chasing this stuff any more. The vacuum from the shield and fairing sucks the water right onto you and the dash. It snuck in after a couple hours. Too bad the ride was 4!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post

Bob! If you would give me 1 hour "head start" when you are the Ride Captain, I should be able to keep up

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Bob! If you would give me 1 hour "head start" when you are the Ride Captain, I should be able to keep up

Count me in, the 15th works, or the 22nd. Anything or anytime pretty much works for me so see who else wants in and go with the majority.

I'd like to split this trip up like I just did. Get there for a Saturday afternoon screw around ride. If it's the 22nd, I'll have to travel Saturday afternoon, and concentrate on Sunday. Mother Nature dictates everything.

Did anyone have a GPS that has route tracking capabilities? If so, could you post the file. Sure would like to view your fun times in Google Earth.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Did anyone have a GPS that has route tracking capabilities? If so, could you post the file. Sure would like to view your fun times in Google Earth.
    I don't believe, but I may be wrong, the guys that rode, and I include myself, aren't into electronics like that. We seem to be seat of the pants riders. The two Bob's know those roads and can plot it out for you. I remember some, like 97, 691, and 191, but later in the day, I don't recall route numbers. I know we were near the Delaware Water Gap late....oh well, not much help I'm sure.

Already an edit...it 97 to 590 to 191...