North East Meet and Greet - Page 21
Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Yes Wayne, that is the forecast for, Matamoras, elevation is under 300 ft. That's where we meet. Change your search channel to either Mount Pocono or Gouldsboro, PA, elevation between 2000 to 2400 ft. That's where we ride. You'll find it a bit cooler up here looking down at those Low lander's in Matamoras. Seems when those weather fronts hit the mountains they hurt and then they cry and I get wet.

Did you get your new rain gear yet? Hopefully you won't need it this weekend but if you can give us a favorable report I can order some on Monday in time for the 22nd.
    No waterproof stuff yet. Everything else I ordered has come in. Like I said, I'll wait until Saturday I guess. I wish the reports sounded better than they do so far. This has been a miserable Spring in my opinion. It was chilly tonight too. I shouldn't complain....to ease our pain, it was reported that in 1977, we got a major snowstorm on this date. I was stationed in ND at the time, so no memory of that. I'm riding as much as possible, just wish I could put the long johns away.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Bob, waterproof gear is in...I'm ready to roll. I prefer to stay dry though....honest.

Hot here today 80 deg, the bugs are out in full force If you go on the 22nd I'm in.
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxed View Post
    Hot here today 80 deg, the bugs are out in full force If you go on the 22nd I'm in.
    Looks like your in!!!

Today's forecast for the hills is; showers on Saturday with a cold front coming through bringing the Temps down to the high's in the mid 50's on Sunday with a possibility of showers.

Wayne if you want to ride out here and test your new gear I"ll buy breakfast. But I'm not too sure about riding.

Considering the wuss that I am we'er riding today, forecast for today is sunny temps in the high 70's poss. 80's. Just like yesterday when I rode 200 miles just so I could top off my tank with cheap Jersey fuel and get a piece of pie.
    Like I always say "You have to ride when you can enjoy it". We've learned our lesson well!! That's why us old farts refuse to work regularly! So 6 of us plus 60's are riding up to the upper woods pond and Duck pond and plan the termination at the Royal Buffet today.
    No one knows how I suffer when I think about how I suffer. The 22nd is officially ON!!

Thanks for the offer Bob, but I want to ride along with breakfast. I'll wait until the 22nd!

zzh54, same offer stands. I'll stop at your exit around 9:15 and we'll ride in together.

Dan and Ed, I can meet in Danbury too, if you want. I'm leaving here at 6am. Mapquest says 3 hours, but I think less. I made exit 11 Beacon, NY in 3:15. If this is on, we can arrange things.

Throwing ideas out there. Let's do this!

Sorry you have to reschedule again BUT happy I am back in for the 22nd.

Wayne and Ed, I will jump in line as you pass through Danbury and collect zzh54 on the way across 84.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Sorry you have to reschedule again BUT happy I am back in for the 22nd.

Wayne and Ed, I will jump in line as you pass through Danbury and collect zzh54 on the way across 84.
    Sounds good...will fine tune times later. I'll leave here at whatever time is needed.

That all works for me. I may get out for a chilly ride Sunday, not to far from home, in case the wet stuff starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    That all works for me. I may get out for a chilly ride Sunday, not to far from home, in case the wet stuff starts falling.
    I'll be out all weekend, just not PA. At least the 22nd is looking good...finally. Saturday is the Boston Wounded Vets run, but 6,000 bikes is 5,900 too many for me. Going to waste a whole day for a 2 hour ride. Not my cup of tea.

See everyone next weekend.

Just as a last minute thing....anyone want to meet in CT tomorrow ( Saturday )? It's the 34th anniversary of my first marriage that lasted three years. If that isn't cause for a celebration ride, I don't know one.

Gonna be windy, but temps in the upper 60's. You should know by now, I'll meet up anywhere, anytime. I'll look for the clunk in my bike another day!