Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
The Fatboy is 123 pounds lighter. And I would be surprised if that Fatboy dynoed 90hp. Maybe 90ft. lbs. of torque. The B on the other hand makes 118 HP and 123 ft. lbs.TQ. that's pretty big. I'll tell you one thing about a metric bike. It hits the rev limiter a lot faster than a HD. They rev so much quicker. At WOT its hard to grab the gears fast enough on the 1-2 change and the 2-3 change. Its not the V-Twin design that revs slower cause my M109R revs as quick or quicker than the B. The HD just revs slower by design. That Harley makes a lot of noise and a lot of vibration. That has nothing to do with speed. I'm sure its fast for a Harley. It won't run with the B.
Lets not forget that Honda did a proper V Twin - the 2005 Honda RC51 is a proper VTwin making about 133Hp and 72? torque.
I had that bike for 11 years and 62,000 miles and always gave me a smile. The only thing I replaced was oil, gas, tires and a couple of chains.

That bike really revved really fast until 9500 rpm and the bike saw many times 170 mph.