Ear buds?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear buds?

Ear buds?

Is anyone using ear buds plugged in? I bought the cord and I wonder how it would work listening to the radio with ear buds. My concern is wind noise or wind blowing them out of my ears. Comments? Thoughts?

I currently use ear plugged and listen to radio. Works pretty good. I just can't ride without something to block the wind noise.

Thanks
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I have a set of Shure 535's that I ride with and really like them. The wind does not affect them plus the helmet strap helps hold them down. I even use them with my half helmet. Just be careful because I believe that you can get pulled over for wearing them while riding/driving. Some folks will tell you that they are dangerous as you can't hear traffic or sirens but I have no issue with that, can hear the music and the outside world just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Is anyone using ear buds plugged in? I bought the cord and I wonder how it would work listening to the radio with ear buds. My concern is wind noise or wind blowing them out of my ears. Comments? Thoughts?

I currently use ear plugged and listen to radio. Works pretty good. I just can't ride without something to block the wind noise.

Thanks
    Since you're in Ohio, I'll pass on the law regarding the use.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.84

State of Florida says that you cannot wear two ear pieces in at the same time as well. I would imagine that all States have some sort of law forbidding you to wear ear buds. The only time that it would probably come in to play would be if you get into an accident or something a long those lines.
    I have a friend that wears earpluggs that are electronic and help to enhance the sound from your stereo. I am not sure what they are called, but I think that they are under $100.

Darryl

I can't offer any advice regarding the ear buds.
    I can tell you that I had to wear earplugs due to wind noise until I changed the windshield. Madstad properly adjusted = no wind noise.
    I think my neighbors are happy too; I used to have the volume at 25-30 with the ear plugs in, now my volume sits at 15-18.

I listen to my stereo through the all aftermarket system on my bike. I do ,however, have a Sena SM10 that sounds anemic for music. At least compared to my audio system.
    I do have, on my modular helmet ,a clamp for the Sena that allows me to plug in ear buds Instead of the helmet speakers. This sounds pretty good. On long Interstate rides, actually a little preferred to my audio system. Only because with the stereo playing loud enough to hear on the Interstate for prolonged periods of time, it just sometimes becomes fatiguing on the ears. The ear buds help seal out the wind noise so allowing lower volumes assaulting the ears. It's just a good option.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I listen to my stereo through the all aftermarket system on my bike. I do ,however, have a Sena SM10 that sounds anemic for music. At least compared to my audio system.
    I do have, on my modular helmet ,a clamp for the Sena that allows me to plug in ear buds Instead of the helmet speakers. This sounds pretty good. On long Interstate rides, actually a little preferred to my audio system. Only because with the stereo playing loud enough to hear on the Interstate for prolonged periods of time, it just sometimes becomes fatiguing on the ears. The ear buds help seal out the wind noise so allowing lower volumes assaulting the ears. It's just a good option.
    Me too!!! I like the ear buds on long hwy rides... Bose makes nice ones !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I use a cheap set of KOSS noise canceling ones...not sure they make them anymore, but they we're $15 a pop. They work excellent.

Earbuds

I have a pair of Bose noise cancelling buds and they are fantastic. You can run them on "alert" which partially cancels outside noise but allows you to hear noises around you. When turned on noise cancelling you hear nothing except the music. I highly recommend them but they are not cheap

About 10 years ago at a motorcycle show I got fit and bought IPlugz (e.a.r.) made for shooting as well . A silicone material that still looks new...molded to 'your' ear...the stereo headphones ran about $110 but over the time I've had them (10 yrs) not so bad and I've worn them for hours very comfortably.