Possible owner with a few question - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible owner with a few question

Me too

I too have been lurking on this site, Vic site and HD site. I currently own a Suzuki M109R she is a beast. But, I didn't realize my wife would like riding so much with me. My ride has no storage space. So I am looking at the F6B, Vic XC tour and the 2014 HD SG special. I still have to ride all three before I make my choice. I have always liked Hondas. I just wish the honda had the touch screen features such as the HD. I'm a gadget guy and I like the latest technologies. In fact that is the only reason why I am looking at the HD.

My current ride, she had been modded.

Attachment 2594

Attachment 2595Attachment 2596

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    By all means, check em all out!

The XCT hands down will have the most storage. SG and F6B are not even close in that regard.

I had thought XCT at one time, only because the lowers, taller shield, extra wind protection, tip over protection, ect that come with a XCT vs an XC were worth it. (Cheaper than dressing an XC how I wanted it.) Didn't need the trunk, and would most likely take it off and never use it. (That kinda seemed like a waste)

I like the improvements of the 14 SG, no doubt about it, but the shaking of a non-balanced engine, and the heat generated from air cooling, to me, is a helluva turn off. (If folks cars shook that bad and were that hot to drive, they'd demand a refund!)

The smooth, seamless F6b is quite a bit different. Almost, dare I say, a bit too smooth/seamless!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    By all means, check em all out!

The XCT hands down will have the most storage. SG and F6B are not even close in that regard.

I had thought XCT at one time, only because the lowers, taller shield, extra wind protection, tip over protection, ect that come with a XCT vs an XC were worth it. (Cheaper than dressing an XC how I wanted it.) Didn't need the trunk, and would most likely take it off and never use it. (That kinda seemed like a waste)

I like the improvements of the 14 SG, no doubt about it, but the shaking of a non-balanced engine, and the heat generated from air cooling, to me, is a helluva turn off. (If folks cars shook that bad and were that hot to drive, they'd demand a refund!)

The smooth, seamless F6b is quite a bit different. Almost, dare I say, a bit too smooth/seamless!

I only rode one harley my brother in laws soft tail springer. I was like...WTF do people see in these?! So I like the looks of the SG, batwing, but if it rides like crap I'm out. I like the looks of the Vic the most. But I always love Hondas.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock1800 View Post
    But I always love Hondas.
    You already have the answer, no need to re-invent the wheel

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock1800 View Post
    So I like the looks of the SG, batwing, but if it rides like crap I'm out.
    Friend has a 2012 SG I rode once. I remember feeling every expansion joint in the road,,, (Not sure if he had the air set 'correct' in the rear shocks or not.)

Kinda thought about a RG Ultra at one time. RG Custom and SG, to the best of my knowledge, have factory lowered suspensions. 2 inchs of rear travel on the SG. I was hoping the extra suspension travel of the RGU would have been 'more plush'riding than it's lowered counterpart, but,,, I never got the chance to find out.

no brainer.

I have a Harley Electaglide and test drove a new Roadglide before buying my F6B. As far as handling and pure acceleration the f6b is superior. Much more fun to ride on longer trips. The bike feels much lighter than it actually is and is smooth as silk. At a savings of 5 K, No Brainer.

I can speak too much on the Harleys or can-ams other than I like the keyless feature thing on the harley (we had a used one on our sales floor and that was neat-- except that i heard that a lot of people started the bike went to get helmet etc forgot fob on the desk/ counter at home and then were stranded at their first stop) and that our new parts guy worked at a can-am dealer and said "man don't ever get one of those -- we'd sell one on friday and could count on the owner and the bike waiting for us on monday am all pissed off cause it broke"

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
    Wow, I hope that's not widespread. I thought the "twin cooling" would be the cure for what I consider the big H-D problem- heat! I certainly wouldn't buy a 2014 Street Glide, the H-D to get is the Ulta Limited with "twin cooling". But if there's problems....waiting is the best plan. I'm satisfied with my F6B for the foreseeable future.
    Time will tell, there are several complaints on HD forum, but then again most of the time all you hear is the bad ones.

Hopefully they will work it out for all.

Quote Originally Posted by xzvs View Post
    I can speak too much on the Harleys or can-ams other than I like the keyless feature thing on the harley (we had a used one on our sales floor and that was neat-- except that i heard that a lot of people started the bike went to get helmet etc forgot fob on the desk/ counter at home and then were stranded at their first stop) and that our new parts guy worked at a can-am dealer and said "man don't ever get one of those -- we'd sell one on friday and could count on the owner and the bike waiting for us on monday am all pissed off cause it broke"
    Leaving your fob is not the end of the world, you can override the security using the turn signal switches very easily after programming in your personal security code. I liked not having to carry a key to start and or open saddle bags etc.
    I know nothing about the Can-am's other than reported horror stories but they sure look good. Would I ride one, don't think so.
    All bikes have a purpose and most a loyal following. Ride what ever you like and be happy.

JKelley -- downside to this is if you are a tech