Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
You will eventually see scratching from dragging the exoskeletons around between the MF and shield. They'll be the kind of scratches that show up mainly when sun is shining through.
JackB has the right idea, let the warm water soften the bond that the dead bugs have with the plastic and get them off with as little scraping as possible.
This is applicable for cleaning safety and prescription glasses as well. Avoid "wiping" these kinds of surfaces clean, let soap and water clean them and pat dry.
Ultimately you would never touch the windshield.

Oooor wipe it and do whatever you want and then you'll have a good excuse to get a new shield!
Wife and I like to get new windshields in the cages every 100k, we just drive to work and back on the highway but there's usually a ton of scratches by then that make it impossible le to see through at sunset, I'll be amazed if this plastic holds up for half that.
It hard to make a dull bike duller! That matte silver comes out the same every time. It would be different if I had a glossy paint job but this matte silver takes anything you throw at it.