Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
Forum Members - my goal here is to amalgamate our 1000s of years' experience with the F6B to help new owners, be it a new bike with 000000 on the odo, or a used ride that is "new to them."

Things we put in every new post from someone welcoming them aboard.
Like:

- Check your final drive oil and don't change it until the Owners Manual says to do so.
- Get your seat and footpegs squared away before your windscreen
- BigLry's "break-in" advice
- LgJhn's air intake modification with air cleaner change
- Paint is not the best feature on this bike
- Come to the rally
- Do the radio-key thing for the bags/gas cap/accessory cubby
-etc.

Please populate this thread with all your good ideas and I'll make it a "Sticky"

Much thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Steve
If you find that your final drive oil is very low like 1 to 1.5 ounces left in the reservoir call Honda service in California the number is in the owners manual and report same to them so if later on down the road your final drive goes out your drive whether in warranty or not will be covered by Honda. I did that when I discover I had only one ounce of oil in my final drive with 2965 miles on a brand new bike. They take the report and keep it so if any problems later your covered. Oh yes and more chrome will get you home! Unfortunately Shooter and I disagree on what to do first as the very first thing I got rid of was that 10 cent windshield as I hate eating bugs. Had a Bagger shield on it before it even left the showroom floor.