Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
+1
I agree Jesse!
I have ridden over 1000 miles a day on a few occasions.........SO WHAT! Who the heck cares! It is no big feat!
200 to 400 a day is the way to go. Stop all over the place, see all attractions, meet the locals, PARTY with the locals. You find all the best places if you spend some time with the locals. Best restaurants, best places to stay, best attractions, best party spots, best bands in town, best dance places and on and on. I also travel mostly with NO PLAN! maybe the first night I might know where I am going to stay and have a reservation but the rest of the trip, I just wing it, because I never know where I will be. I have found the best spots doing exactly that.
I guess some of us just like to ride more than we like to "meet the locals, PARTY with the locals" and find "Best restaurants, best places to stay, best attractions, best party spots, best bands in town, best dance places and on and on". When you ride a few more miles a day you also get to do some of those things, but I would rather be riding than stopping to party. When you ride a long day you still have time when you stop for the night to do what you want. I have had lots of long days that include going down a new, interesting road or the one less travelled, meeting interesting people, but even then you can rack up the miles. All you have to do is open your eyes. Do you look at the white line all day long? I like to find the best roads! Not the best party or dance spot. That's for when I go to the Caribbean with my wife. Any way you can travel as you want and I will continue to rack up the miles looking at the scenery, riding the best roads and smelling the roses when I stop for gas.