Heated Grips Not Working - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heated Grips Not Working

No Car

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Just my opinion so don't flame me...but if you need all this heated stuff, grips, seats, clothes, etc...Why not just buy a car and stay warm...I have had this stuff on previous bikes and never used any of it....Guess I am a "whimp" but at the ripe old age of 73, I never ride in cold weather anyhow.....Michigan gets damn cold, but on those days I use my car!!!!
    I don't like driving when I can ride and don't want to buy a car, but I live in SC. Part of the difference is riding for recreation and riding for transportation. I am lucky! I do both. However, If I lived in Michigan I would probably have to break down and buy a car. When I lived in Minnesota I could extend my riding season with heated gear and a full face helmet, but still had a car except for 4 years when I shared one with the wife. I do have to say that heated gear makes you feel like you are under an electric blanket nice and comfy. Really. I also never have to get into a cold car because I get dressed inside and have instant heat. Opas, I think you are probably more sane than me and at any age people should do what they want to do. I just like the feeling of riding on two wheels and have for as long as I remember. In fact I'm looking forward to my 45 minute ride home from work in a few minutes. Ride, drive safe and stay warm, I hate being cold!

I live in Illinois and as long as there isn't any salt or ice I'll ride any temp with my heated gear and I really enjoy it.
    Jakec

I kind of got off topic there, but on a Wing when the grips quit working usually the left grip has shorted out. It happened to my Wing.
    Jakec

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Just curious, Jake,,, did your grips ever work or did it short out sometime there after?

I had 60000 mi. on the Wing when they went bad but were covered under extended warranty.
    Jakec

F6b heated hand grips

Mine started doing the same thing in late febuary.replaced the controller.still didn't work.what did the dealer do?I ride mine every day.don't want to giveit up

As long as you have a warranty, let them fix it. No need for heated grips in the summer, but spring and fall can get real cold on the fingers in Wisconsin. I will ride until the hyway dept dumps salt on the roads. End of riding season! I went down years ago, on a full Wing after rounding a corner at about 40 mph, and seeing the road was all ice. Didn't get hurt, just slid down the road on a major ice sheet.