Kuryakyn Comfort Drop Mounts with Kinetic footpegs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kuryakyn Comfort Drop Mounts with Kinetic footpegs

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Already working on some Titanium button head ones to replace the tapered flat allen head fastener that hold the rubber insert on, they are right at the underside end of the Kinetic pegs.
    http://www.acerracing.com/ball_beari...FUkdgQodWXEB4w

Hi BIGLRY...

...did you ever get these Titanium button head "pucks" to work; with the #4321 Kuryakyn Kinetic pegs?

I ask this, because to my absolute horror today; I scraped out my left Kinetic peg and am concerned that these are going to become a regular replacement item; if some sort of protection is not afforded to them.

I wonder if I just RTV'ed a bolt into the outer groove underneath the #4321 peg; would suffice for now? Cheap enough. Simplistic.

Apologize again for the crappy pic's.. but you'll get the idea... not the right sized bolt either... but all I have at the moment for a demo:

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Hi BIGLRY...

...did you ever get these Titanium button head "pucks" to work; with the #4321 Kuryakyn Kinetic pegs?

I ask this, because to my absolute horror today; I scraped out my left Kinetic peg and am concerned that these are going to become a regular replacement item; if some sort of protection is not afforded to them.

I wonder if I just RTV'ed a bolt into the outer groove underneath the #4321 peg; would suffice for now? Cheap enough. Simplistic.

Apologize again for the crappy pic's.. but you'll get the idea... not the right sized bolt either... but all I have at the moment for a demo:

I curious on an update to this either from BIGLRY or Will. I've only been on one ride with the Kinetic/Comfort drop combo and they are very scraped up. Update anyone?

Nope I haven't found anything that works yet, I have not found right thread size, I'm still grinding mine down. I'm thinking of bonding a flat piece of metal on the peg where it is ground off with some JB weld then replace as needed, this has got to last longer than the pegs. At the rate I'm grinding them pegs off I'll need new ones soon.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

nope...

...at the moment.. I have resigned myself to the thought that the Kinetic pegs are a "wear item"

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Rats. Thanks anyway for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Rats. Thanks anyway for the reply.
    Elroy, check out this thread for an update:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...raping-my-pegs

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I just ordered a pair of these. I love the comfort drop boards but there is only one pair of boots I can wear that allow me to shift comfortably. These will open up that area between the shifter and peg and should allow me to wear whatever shoe I choose to wear. Hopefully these are answer.....I scrape my boards all the time so I'm used to that, I just need more room between the peg and shifter...thanks for the idea!!!!!
    The force is strong in this one.....