3 dealerships and no luck yet on a trade in - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 dealerships and no luck yet on a trade in

Unless a dealership has a strong Web based sales strategy they typically won't contact you. The first nibble is the face 2 face. Once they get you in the door they have the first check box checked. You won't get far only sending emails. Go for a ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Have you tried to sell it direct to the end customers (Craigslist, CycleTrader, Victory/Indian/Polaris Forums, etc.) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Mike, bought mine at Cedar Creek Motor sports just outside of Milwaukee, they had all types of used bikes on the floor, and they gave me the best deal in the area.
    Thanks Greg! I'll take a look

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Unless a dealership has a strong Web based sales strategy they typically won't contact you. The first nibble is the face 2 face. Once they get you in the door they have the first check box checked. You won't get far only sending emails. Go for a ride.

I suppose I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Have you tried to sell it direct to the end customers (Craigslist, CycleTrader, Victory/Indian/Polaris Forums, etc.) ?
    Not yet.

I know it would be quite a drive, but the dealer I bought my F6B through takes all kinds of trades.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    My current ride is a 2015 Indian Chief Vintage but ever since the F6B was introduced, somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking about it. I contacted 3 dealers in the past couple of weeks. Dealer 1, a local shop told me they have no market for my Indian and wouldn't take it in trade. Dealer 2, out of state and no reply to my request. Dealer 3, out of state and a Honda/Indian dealer, no reply to my request. Crazy that there are new 2013,14,15,16's F6B's out there and yet there isn't a market for a 2015 Indian? Looks like I'll be keeping my Indian for awhile!
    Back in the fall of 2013 I found only 1 Honda dealer in Michigan that would take my 2011 Victory Vision in trade and give me a decent deal. Everything worked out great even though the dealer is a 130 miles away , but turned out to be the best Honda dealer I have ever dealt with...BTW, I love my F6B....Ride safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Have you tried Englehart Motorsports in Madison, WI? They are a big dealer of both brands (including others).
    Yes, check them out. That's where I got my F6. They have a whole separate building for the Indian Line, at the same location.

I think Cedar Creek sells Polaris also, when purchased mine I know they were selling Slingshots, and I thought I seen Victory's and Indians, and I know I seen few used Harleys. They are about 125 miles from here. I told the sales guy that I wanted a new 2013 Deluxe in Black, and he said there were no new 2013 Black Deluxe to be had. I ended up buying a Black Standard for $12,997 + destination and assembly for $900 more, OTD $13,897. He had to get it from the Honda warehouse and it took 2 weeks for it to come in new in the crate. That was last year June 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I never heard of them I'll look em' up. Thanks!
    Another place to try is Nielsen in Lake Villa. They are fairly big and sell about everything.