Summer Heat - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Heat

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Don't know how its going where you guys are but here in the Midwest we are having a scorcher of a summer. It started the first of June and hasn't let up yet. 95 or hotter everyday , 70% humidity and then it storms every other day. Had a new Cherokee we bought last year , actually 10 months ago. About 7 weeks ago wife drove it to work and lightning hit it while she was in it and running. Killed it. Never ran again. Insurance totalled it. This has been one of the stormiest , hottest most unsettled summer I've seen in a long time. Hope the weather is better where you guys are.
    That's crazy....never heard of that happening.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

PNW checking in

Overcast most everyday, w/light rain. Just starting to warm up now..low 70's

If I recall we had a member that was struck by lightning in 2013 while riding his F6B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IE-yycUZTM

and one killed just the other day.
    http://wlos.com/news/local/motorcycl...ell-state-park

100* + in FLA with 100% humidity... yea !!! Can't wait for October !!!!

Most of my riding is after the sun goes down !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    That's the bad thing. Its only getting down to 80 tonight. At 9pm it was 90 with 75% humidity. Thank god for AC.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    That's crazy....never heard of that happening.
    She glows in the dark now Wayne.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I got fat, but it isn't in my pockets. You guys swelter, I pay....what math is that, common core? My summer is great so far. was low 80's today. Might hit 90 this weekend, but it won't last....sorry.
    See!!! You're saving money on AC. We will be fine big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    See!!! You're saving money on AC. We will be fine big guy.
    I don't even have AC. I do suffer a bit in here when it gets hot, but I got steaks I gotta pay for before I stay comfortable, evidently
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I'm feeling you over here in KC too. Just a brutal summer. I mean the humidity just won't stop. Miserable. Where is 88 degrees and 50% humidity when you need it....? :-|

They are talking about a "heat dome" positioning itself over major parts of the U.S. from now and through the weekend.

And I have a Poker run that is probably going to sap all of my energy this Saturday...

Speaking of heat... and motorcycles... and sweating.... I made a discovery of sorts a couple of days ago, it was sort of "embarrassing" after it was pointed out to me.

Seems that we all sweat in the saddle while riding in these summer temperatures. I had rode for a couple of hours last weekend and then decided to pull into a local watering hole for a beverage. Getting off my bike and then into the establishment; the friendly barmaid asked me "why are your jeans all wet"? and I replied "what do you mean?" and she said that "you look like you wet your pants" and sure enough when I looked at the reflection of my backside; my fades jeans were completely wet

Now I have developed a case of self consciousness each time I get off my bike after a run in these temps, and can't quite figure out how to deal with it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I live in Ofallon, MO and it has been brutal this year. I am trying to wear my gear on the way to and from work.
    The Dainese mesh really flows air way better than my other mesh gear.

I tried my old Scorpion mesh jacket yesterday for a change and about passed out on the way home. The Dainese is way better!!!

I bought a Dainese Air Frame Jacket
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...textile-jacket

Dainese Drake Super Air pants
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...-air-tex-pants
    Steve