The end is near - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The end is near

The dealers around me still have a few leftover F6B's in stock but NO leftover full Wings, they could have some but none at the dealers I was at. The full Wing has too great of a following and the F6 is kinda a novelty bike. You better like it because you can't own it for any kind of value except enjoyment.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I have been riding for over 50 years and I have NEVER heard of a bike gaining value, unless you find one that is older than the hills and then restore it. But, you spend more doing that then it is worth. As for paint, I have a red F6 and took time to find cleaners and waxes that do not take the paint off. There are many brands out there. Good luck with your Wing. Don't tell anyone, but it won't hold it's value either.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I thought the bike I bought, a few years back, a 99 Valkyrie, would probably be my last bike due to my age..Now 17 years and 5 bikes later I hope to keep riding for a few more years and maybe 1 more bike....(only if Honda updates with a newer version of the F6B)....Ride safe and the day.....
    LOL!
    How long did we Valkyrie riders wait for something flat six powered other than the full boat GoldWing to come from Honda? We had our Valks for 8 years & probably still would have them if not for the F6B coming out.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    LOL!
    How long did we Valkyrie riders wait for something flat six powered other than the full boat GoldWing to come from Honda? We had our Valks for 8 years & probably still would have them if not for the F6B coming out.
    +1 agreed Ed.

LOL!
    +2 agreed!
    Robert RTaz Tasior

LOL!
    About the same amount of time we V-Twin riders waited for Honda to come out with a real thumping, 110in, full size V-twin cruiser i.e. VTX1800.

Then have Honda modify its flag ship the GL1800 with the production of the F6B which IMO was a big move up in comfort for me. Also to see the flat six power plant in a whole different perspective than I had experienced on my Runes.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

LOL!
    As I am fast approaching the ripe old age of 77 (Next January) I doubt I will have the chance to see an up-dated F6B that I can handle. As much as I love my current ride, a lighter/smaller bike is probably in the cards for next year. Almost traded for a leftover 2015 Honda Interstate last month, but came to my senses for now and decided to keep the 6 for a while longer....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Phew. I am glad people are finally saying that bikes are meant for riding, not shining. Mine is in the garage right now, with bugs on it, some road dust here and there, and some spray from the time I got it caught in the rain a week ago. I haven't washed it, and plan on riding it back and forth to work all week.

Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me for not spending 20 hours per week washing, polishing, waxing, etc., based on what others seem to say/do.
    I bought my B 9 months ago, the only reason I gave it a brief scrub the other day was an unfortunate encounter with a bird...

LOL!
    Heh, I'm still riding my Valkyrie.

I was steadily racking up the miles on my F6B. Really don't want to buy another set of tires before the Rally, so I'm trying to spend more time on the Valkyrie lately. Not exactly a sacrifice. The old Phat girl still pleases.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    As I am fast approaching the ripe old age of 77 (Next January) I doubt I will have the chance to see an up-dated F6B that I can handle. As much as I love my current ride, a lighter/smaller bike is probably in the cards for next year. Almost traded for a leftover 2015 Honda Interstate last month, but came to my senses for now and decided to keep the 6 for a while longer....Ride safe
    I owned a 2010 Honda Interstate before the F6B. It is a great short trip or Saturday night bike. But for longer trips it will kill you. It looks great with the teardrop tank and extended front end, but extreme twin cruiser heat when sitting at a light in the summer. It killed me on a 600 mile trip to the mountains, but the F6B was a comfortable pleasure to ride. I still miss the Interstate, it is acool bike to ride around town. It does have a low seat and a very low center of gravity also. Very easy to handle. You would have to pull the vinyl on the seat back and insert extra memory foam or get a better seat too.