Had to lock 'em up for the first time today - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Had to lock 'em up for the first time today

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Rick, there is a company in Groton that offers MSF courses. Here is the link:

http://www.1stmsp.com
    Thanks..I'll call tomorrow. That doesn't look like the same one I contacted a while ago...that's a good thing! Is there a difference between MSP and MSF? I think I tried MSF through NYS....whatever...I'll llet you know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Thanks..I'll call tomorrow. That doesn't look like the same one I contacted a while ago...that's a good thing! Is there a difference between MSP and MSF? I think I tried MSF through NYS....whatever...I'll llet you know how it works out.
    Good question. I don't know! I see that they offer courses that substitute for the NYS motorcycle road test, so there must be something official about them.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    MSF - Motorcycle Safety Foundation- non-profit org in California promoting motorcycle safety. Also originator of MOST motorcycling safety courses used throughout the lower 48. www.msf-usa.org
    MSP - Motorcycle Safety Program - usually in conjunction with a state sponsored or monitored program, and usually teaching the MSF courses.

First MSP offers the MSF courses. BRC & BRC2.

If you already have your license and know how to ride a bike to some degree, take the BRC2 Skills Practice Course.

You'll have one day of great fun and learning!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce