Just shipped my tomtom rider 400 back to be replaced and should have the new one in 7-10 days. Here are some interesting facts and my lsn's learned.

.the warranty first 30 days you can get your money back
. 1st 6 months they will replace it and pay for shipping
.after 6 months they will replace it but you must pay for shipping...that's me
So your basically covered up to 1 year with these few minor details.

So it cost me $32.00 to ship only because they require you to ship it by a method so it can be tracked, UPS or Fed EX. I was told not to send it via the post office because they don't deliver to them.

So after sending it I also sent a copy of my 32.00 bill asking if they would reimburse me since it was their policy that I ship it that way. The TomTom representative replied stating their warranty policy didn't allow to reimburse my money but here is a $10.00 tomtom voucher.
So I politely declined the $10.00 voucher and said
It cost me almost 6 hundred dollars for this product and after the 2nd day of a 3 week bike trip it failed after being rained on for the first time. I had to wait until I got back home 2 weeks later to send it back and then I had to pay 32.00 to have it shipped and your response to me is here is a ten dollar voucher for more tomtom products. Thanks but no thanks I will never by anything tomtom again. I will also be sure to pass on my experience to other customers.

I'm sure my next response from them will be no different but at least I can say I tried.

Lloyd