iPhone 6 compatibility - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 6 compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoggie501 View Post
    Its definitely the plug. I matched up the headset that comes with the iPhone and the RCA plug is a little different than the RCA plug in the left dash compartment. Wish I could figure how to post the two RCA plugs. The iPhone plug has 3 separate white areas while the F6B plug has two. Maybe there is an adapter out there.
    The extra ring is for the microphone. The iphone headphone jack is designed to accept either, I regularly plug my phone into some speakers that have only tip/ring/sleeve 3.5MM connection.
    If your phone works with headphones then it is reasonable to say that you don't have an issue with the 3.5mm output jack on the phone.

Turn your key to Accessory, set audio to AUX with volume at about 8 and tap on the tip of the cord in the cubby. Do you hear a slight buzzy/electrical tap coming out of the speakers? Can you plug a different player into the cubby plug and get sound? If so, it could be that the volume is down on the phone.
    I know this sounds crazy, but if you adjust the volume on the phone to full without anything plugged in, that is a different volume level than you will have when you plug in a headphone jack.
    I just double-checked and yes, volume is retained from your last headphone session.
    Also, you may have to click the AUX button one time.

If the cubby plug physically won't go completely into your case because of girth you can either use a razor blade to whittle it down a little bit (not recommended), or take your phone out of the case and use something to ream the hole a little bigger.

If the issue is that the right-angle adapter makes it so it can't plug in all the way, take the phone out of the case, plug it in and verify that it works, the order one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLZWP0W...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    This adds 1-1/2' but terminates in a straight plug that should plug into almost any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammd View Post
    Both my previous iPhone 5s and my current 6+ work as advertised! My thoughts on the issue are also around the cable. I have ALWAYS utilized the provided Apple cable to connect to the saddlebag USB interface. In fact, I purchased an extra long one (approx 6'), plugged it into the USB connector and neatly ran it up to the handlebars. No problem! That said, the only issue I have experienced…on occasion, I am unable to advance to the next song or go to previous song from the handlebar controls. I learned that when this happens, I just shut down my phone and turn it back on and it clears the issue.
    Oh you lucky dog, you're living the dream! I'm guessing you have a newer model B? It won't even register my 6+ no matter how many OEM and aftermarket cables I try, disconnect battery, push all the buttons. One of these days I'll take it to a dealer for the brake recall and see if there is a firmware update. For now it's bluetooth in the cubby and flash drive in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    I'm guessing you have a newer model B?
    Good point. Mine is a '14

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoggie501 View Post
    Its definitely the plug. I matched up the headset that comes with the iPhone and the RCA plug is a little different than the RCA plug in the left dash compartment. Wish I could figure how to post the two RCA plugs. The iPhone plug has 3 separate white areas while the F6B plug has two. Maybe there is an adapter out there.
    If it isn't pushed all of the way in, even a short hair off from all the way in it won't work

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    The extra ring is for the microphone. The iphone headphone jack is designed to accept either, I regularly plug my phone into some speakers that have only tip/ring/sleeve 3.5MM connection.
    If your phone works with headphones then it is reasonable to say that you don't have an issue with the 3.5mm output jack on the phone.

Turn your key to Accessory, set audio to AUX with volume at about 8 and tap on the tip of the cord in the cubby. Do you hear a slight buzzy/electrical tap coming out of the speakers? Can you plug a different player into the cubby plug and get sound? If so, it could be that the volume is down on the phone.
    I know this sounds crazy, but if you adjust the volume on the phone to full without anything plugged in, that is a different volume level than you will have when you plug in a headphone jack.
    I just double-checked and yes, volume is retained from your last headphone session.
    Also, you may have to click the AUX button one time.

If the cubby plug physically won't go completely into your case because of girth you can either use a razor blade to whittle it down a little bit (not recommended), or take your phone out of the case and use something to ream the hole a little bigger.

If the issue is that the right-angle adapter makes it so it can't plug in all the way, take the phone out of the case, plug it in and verify that it works, the order one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLZWP0W...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    This adds 1-1/2' but terminates in a straight plug that should plug into almost any case.
    I'll give it a try. I took a photo of the two plugs for what its worth The iPhone plug is on the left.. I got it to work Thanks for your helpAttachment 22715

Apple cable

Purchased the cable and no difference, iPhone 6 Plus doesn't work with saddlebag USB.

Is there a Bluetooth dongle or device that will allow streaming from the iPhone 6+ reliably and still allow the functionality of the handlebar controls?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Purchased the cable and no difference, iPhone 6 Plus doesn't work with saddlebag USB.

Is there a Bluetooth dongle or device that will allow streaming from the iPhone 6+ reliably and still allow the functionality of the handlebar controls?
    I run this bluetooth adapter (https://www.amazon.com/TPCROMEER-Wir.../dp/B00KD7YNTO) plugged into my usb cable in the left rear saddlebag.
    I have a Iphone 6S and it works well. Allows me to shuffle thru my Pandora music from the handlemars.

Have had it about a year now and it works well. Best option for me.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    I run this bluetooth adapter (https://www.amazon.com/TPCROMEER-Wir.../dp/B00KD7YNTO) plugged into my usb cable in the left rear saddlebag.
    I have a Iphone 6S and it works well. Allows me to shuffle thru my Pandora music from the handlemars.

Have had it about a year now and it works well. Best option for me.

But does it allow you to stream the music files on your iPhone with standard menuing?

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    But does it allow you to stream the music files on your iPhone with standard menuing?

....sT
    What is standard menuing? I can skip songs with Pandora or Itunes using LH handlebar lower toggle switch if that is what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    ......I can skip songs with Pandora or Itunes using LH handlebar lower toggle switch if that is what you mean.

But can you scroll and select Playlists, Artists, or Albums, etc?

All of this is part of what Honda promised us with USB/iDevice compatibility. I have an older iPod Touch that works fine....but a brand spanking new iPod Touch that will only play 8 tracks and then locks up. The iPod is fine.....its a bug within the Honda interface. What that bug is, precisely...and what specifically triggers it....is still unclear.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---