Rethinking run flats

Thread: Rethinking run flats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I borrowed a Gmax and ran it for 400 miles. I was not pleased. I could feel the tread and it snapped up and down when leaning. Definitely did not feel like a motorcycle tire. Ended up buying a Bridgestone Alpin and love it. The tire is invisible and drives like a MC
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I borrowed a Gmax and ran it for 400 miles. I was not pleased. I could feel the tread and it snapped up and down when leaning. Definitely did not feel like a motorcycle tire. Ended up buying a Bridgestone Alpin and love it. The tire is invisible and drives like a MC
    Long before "Run Flats" were available, "run of the mill radials" were the norm. Run Flats became popular, because, as you have stated, there "more motor cycle tire like ride". Therein lies the difference. The extremely stiff side wall of Run Flats mirror that of cycle tires. They are, in most cases, hard to mount! Some folks have experienced tire damage during mounting while others have not received the anticipated overall tire mileage of conventional radials i.e. 18K miles is really nothing to write home about IMHO.

To each their own when it comes to tire selection and that includes ones choice of a DS Tire. Having just shy of 50K miles on two G-Max's I'm so accustomed to any and all small handling anomalies, it's a mute subject with me. I actually find rear cycle tires "too neutral". Guess I can best describe it as driving two different cager vehicles. One with power steering and one without. CT's require a little extra "drivers input"! That aside, it's a handling feature I've become accustomed to and like 30K miles service from a rear cycle tire is unheard of yet readily accomplished with a Max! "Just what the Doctor Ordered in my case

Ride Safe

bob109