Groups going to Russellville - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Groups going to Russellville

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Could be a Northern invasion of the South all over again

Lets not get Teach going on that .
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

In anticipation of southern back lash I have updated my location.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    In anticipation of southern back lash I have updated my location.
    I saw that. Be careful though... you may confuse them

I'm going to put a Confederate sticker on my bike.. so as to blend in... not sure how I'm going to handle that Northern license plate though....

Still working on ma southern drawl... need Teach to help me out here.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I saw that. Be careful though... you may confuse them

I'm going to put a Confederate sticker on my bike.. so as to blend in... not sure how I'm going to handle that Northern license plate though....

Still working on ma southern drawl... need Teach to help me out here.
    I'm glad you didn't say you were going to remove a couple/three teeth to blend in, that would be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Will
    I had thought about leaving Sunday Am and going out rt70 to 81 and down, I am right on rt70
    just east of Fredrick
    Will get there on Tuesday sometime about 1100 miles for me.
    shortleg
    I will be riding through Memphis Monday night and leaving Tuesday morning. Barrys770 is also coming from Lawrenceville Georgia. We could meet up Monday night for Dinner and leave Tuesday morning with you guys if it works out. Ride into Russellville Tuesday morning and be there by early afternoon. Just let me know if you guys want to hook up. Barender.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Found out that a friend, belongs to the forum but rarely posts and who I have been bugging for a year or two about going, is signed up to go. We have not got down to specifics yet, he will be in Oz till the 15th, but he wants to take the Wisconsin "Great river road", 35 down along the Mississippi to St Louis and then head west and then south, have to wait till he gets back, would like to leave Sunday to allow for this slower route.
    The more the merrier! Maybe we can meet for lunch someday before hand and get our plans together. You, me and John.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Sorry Big Hutch, I've been in Minneapolis, for 8 days, away from my computer. We could meet up by Your location, and head towards Bloomington/Normal. We can ride with F6B1911's group. I may opt not to travel thru St. Louis, as I detest big city riding, but I can change my mind at the time. Also, like you, I plan a stop-over somewhere down the road. The southern part of Missourri, is also part of the Ozzarks, and has some fabulous cycle roads. I plan to hit some of them on my way thru. Also. I want to steer clear of Branson, on the way thru. Do you know what day we would meet F6B1911's group, and an estimate of the time? Let me know Your ideas. Thanks! And as a side note, my F6B Service Manual, finally arrived from my dealer! Only took about 9 months!
    No problem. I would also like to avoid St. Louis. We should try and meet up with choptop for lunch soon to get our plans together.

Shortleg... I misread your post initially when I responded... We can get there in two days rather than 2+ days... can you do roughly 500 miles per day? if we leave early Monday AM we can get to Russelville Tuesday late afternoon (with a stop somewhere in Knoxville, Tennessee on Monday night).

...or are you proposing a Sunday night and Monday night stop, before getting to Russelville on Tuesday?
    Willtill, if you end up leaving Knoxville on Tuesday morning, I may leave Chattanooga around the same time and catch up with you and the group in Nashville.

Shortleg... I misread your post initially when I responded... We can get there in two days rather than 2+ days... can you do roughly 500 miles per day? if we leave early Monday AM we can get to Russelville Tuesday late afternoon (with a stop somewhere in Knoxville, Tennessee on Monday night).

...or are you proposing a Sunday night and Monday night stop, before getting to Russelville on Tuesday?

I have amazed myself before, don,t see why I can,t do that.
    We would have to hit it early Monday AM.
    Am at exit 68 off Rt 70.
    looks like I will have to use the old cruise control for this ride, I can do it

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    Willtill, if you end up leaving Knoxville on Tuesday morning, I may leave Chattanooga around the same time and catch up with you and the group in Nashville.
    That would be cool, certainly if we converged at the same time going past/through Nashville. So we need to start disseminating telephone numbers via PM's... so we can communicate as we make our way and make our whereabouts known to each other. Keep in mind that we all are burning daylight so if it seems that a meetup may be delayed by either party (due to distance still needing to be covered) we really must push on, as to not prolong the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    I have amazed myself before, don,t see why I can,t do that.
    We would have to hit it early Monday AM.
    Am at exit 68 off Rt 70.
    looks like I will have to use the old cruise control for this ride, I can do it
    You can do it! I'm an early bird anyway and can launch out of here at o'dark thirty Monday morning and pick you up off that exit before the sun rises.

Monday all day we push to Knoxville, spend the night and then break camp early (meaning leave the hotel) and push it all the way in to Russellville.

Monday and Tuesday are to be regarded (at least to us, probably applicable to others as well) as nothing but 100 percent concentrated travel days to the destination. Two big "bites" out of the total anticipated 1,100+ miles to the Rally.

I-81 south is regarded as "truckers highway" but I really never had an issue with them when I took it down to to our last years Rally in Maggie Valley, North Carolina.

Of course we have to plan for all contingencies ie bad weather, construction, etc however two whole days is doable for this trip.

Prepare your mindset (most important) and then prepare for the ride.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537