Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
Remember guys -
The large spade speaker connection always connects to positive or the + side of your speaker or wiring

Secondly,
Un plug the factory tweeters when you install your upgraded speakers.

Third, never mix two different speakers. Install the JBL pair and don't try one oem and one JBL for comparison.

Speakers will break in after a few days, so I like to not hit them hard with volume for a couple to 3 days. You will find they sound better with time.

Register them asap because anything mass produced can be problematic.

The +/- 3 db switch on the new JBL is optional to your liking either way.

Jim
I have a question about mixing speakers. I installed one of my J&M speakers (I had extra after the JBL upgrade) in my Honda Accord Drivers door since I had it apart to replace the lock actuator and the window regulator. I had meant to immediately swap out the passenger side but since it was 100 degrees and I was frustrated from working on the car in the hot garage so I did not swap out the passenger side. I have noticed no problems and the J&M sounds better than the Alpine that was crackling. It has been a few months and I almost forgot about it. I ride the bike everywhere I go and have only driven the car 8 times or so. Will this be a problem?
Steve