Android / What music app do you use? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android / What music app do you use?

First post, long time reader

The music player app I use is rocket player. It gives me the least amount of trouble from all the other apps I've tried. Sometimes it decides its not gonna play a song but all I do is forward to next song and it continues to play. That's the only problem I've had with it and it happens rarely.

Is there an online component to the native music player? If you can disable that you may get better performance.
    Sometimes apps will get BS pics, lyrics, and other useless info off the web to liven up your experience and in doing so ruin your experience.
    Since you're mobile, all it takes is switching towers or poor signal and the the app errors out.
    Maybe check the settings to not allow cellular usage.

If that doesn't work here's a list of music players on Tom's Guide:
    http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures...layers.html#s1

Android Authority:
    http://www.androidauthority.com/best...ndroid-208990/

And AndroidCentral:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/best-m...layers-android

Sorry I don't have any personal recommendations, hope this info helps anyway.

I found a few I am going to try from the internet.

PowerAmp -- (Cost $3.99 for no add version) but free 14 day trial / rated #1 on the internet

Amazon Music -- newly released / I already have Amazon prime so their music will be free / app will also will play my music

Black Player -- minimal / free / black background (I can't stand a bright app at night)

Thank you for your input.
    Steve

Slacker

I use Slacker premium, it's $10.00 a month. It is commercial free and allows you to choose specific songs, listen to entire albums and create playlists. I've used multiple premium music apps like Pandora and Spotify, I like the slacker best. If your not interested in individual artist or songs, skip the premium services and use any one of the free streaming services. Just MO

I am now using Amazon Music and since I already have Amazon Prime it is free.
    So far it seems to be working great. I can either play my own music or the music streaming via Amazon Music.

I am also testing the 14 day free trial of Power Amp. Power Amp is supposed to be rated #1 music app for playing your own music.

Steve

Sony 16GB walkman

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I have used most of these but I want to play the music I own on my cell phone.
    Steve
    I load 55 CD's I own on a 16 GB Sony Walkman and used Velcro to secure it in the left pod and all my tunes are available just by hitting the AUX button on the radio controls. One thing is the Sony puts out a little power unlike the thumb drives and the amp takes it and turns out some pretty loud tunes. I only used up 2 GB of the 16 so how many album could you put on this marvelous little Walkman.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I load 55 CD's I own on a 16 GB Sony Walkman and used Velcro to secure it in the left pod and all my tunes are available just by hitting the AUX button on the radio controls. One thing is the Sony puts out a little power unlike the thumb drives and the amp takes it and turns out some pretty loud tunes. I only used up 2 GB of the 16 so how many album could you put on this marvelous little Walkman.
    Does the bikes stereo really play better from the walkman than my 32GB usb chip?