photo of cobra exhaust in black
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: photo of cobra exhaust in black

photo of cobra exhaust in black

Does anyone have a side view of a black F6B with the black Cobra exhaust on, I would like to see a photo before I buy my exhaust

Here ya go....http://www.cobrausa.com/honda/gold_w...x_black/1217B/

It is not on a Black F6B, but it is the only pic I can find of the Black 6-2-6 pipes.

Now that's... not good. Now I think all chrome is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by db24 View Post
    Now that's... not good. Now I think all chrome is the way to go.
    Based on the photo I have to agree that chrome is the way to go. Plus even if the black looked better the chrome heat shield for the first 8" or so is awkward IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    Based on the photo I have to agree that chrome is the way to go. Plus even if the black looked better the chrome heat shield for the first 8" or so is awkward IMO.

If you did want the black mufflers and wanted the front heat shield to match, it would not be difficult to paint it with VHT 1500.

I already bought the chrome ones I'm not changin
    Ok he's done

Thanks for the tip on the VHT paint. I think I'm gonna paint my stock pipes.

Thumbs up

The look is not appealing to me. I also think that having black pipes on a black F6B would make the bike profile too fat looking. I like it much better with chrome, gives a nice contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by hill881 View Post
    Does anyone have a side view of a black F6B with the black Cobra exhaust on, I would like to see a photo before I buy my exhaust
    If you'd like an alternative to the look of the Cobras, you might consider pipes from Rush Racing. Top quality, great sound, and I like the look in black. To see mine, go "Rush Pipes Installed", page 2, in the "Accessories" forum. I had the heat shields powder coated locally for $40, have put quite a few miles on them, and the coating is holding up perfectly. Got the pipes through Phat Performance in southern CA. Wingstuff doesn't carry Rush.

VHT1500

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the VHT paint. I think I'm gonna paint my stock pipes.
    I have painted over 100 sets of chrome pipes with VHT and it holds up great. Also it is easy to touch up if you need too. I usually scuff them up with scotch brite or bead blast first. Your stock pipes will look great. If you want to get creative you can tape off the chrome ends and even have them pinstriped with regular "Hotshot" pinstripe paint!