Do you find it to more difficult to get the Bee on her center stand. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you find it to more difficult to get the Bee on her center stand.

Tough Center Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Thanks for all the good advice. I'm 5' 6 and it is a little difficult to accomplish. Any other tips would be appreciated.
    I couldn't do it. I would take my lift, get it under, give it a few pumps then kick the stand down. Everybody said, "Just stand on it. There is a technique." Techniquie, aye. But when your leg is full locked out, and the bike STILL doesn't "get over the hump," what do you do? You buy a different center stand or continue to do a lift assist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    I couldn't do it. I would take my lift, get it under, give it a few pumps then kick the stand down. Everybody said, "Just stand on it. There is a technique." Techniquie, aye. But when your leg is full locked out, and the bike STILL doesn't "get over the hump," what do you do? You buy a different center stand or continue to do a lift assist.
    It's not all in the leg; you also have to left upwards as you have extended your leg. Maybe you have someone near whom can coach you on how to do it?

I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam. My leg is at full extension while I am stepping down on the peg; and the bike is still not completely deployed on the center stand (over the hump) until I have completed the follow on lift if the left rear passenger grab handle.

You WANT your leg to be at full lock; or extension while you are following the movement to get the bike "over the hump". It's actually harder to do if your leg is still bent at the knee.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I have a new stand which works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by kenny urban View Post
    I find-it easier to just throw down a little 1" x 4" x 4" block of wood in front of the bike, and roll-Up onto-It,,I Keep-it in the front CuBBy,,
    It is JUST-Enough to help get the bike onto the C.Stand,,KennyU
    That's thinking outside the box! I never thought to put a piece of wood under the front tire (always the rear).

This brings up another thought. I have always wondered if a got a flat tire, would I find my bike on its side the next morning?

If I leave a piece of wood in the garage and park the front tire on it all the time, It should solve the falling over problem and ease putting the bike on the center stand at the same time.

Thanks Kenny!
    Albuquerque, NM