Solo Travellers Trunk - Concept / Thoughts - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Solo Travellers Trunk - Concept / Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I might have a couple of them ready in time for Christmas if the fiberglass version comes out okay. Still working with tooling and manufacturer here in the U.S. for the plastic model. Once I get the first FG version completed, I'll see if the molds I made can stand up to a small batch run. If so, I'll make a few extras and get a price together for them.
    Just got off the phone with Santa, and he said

Awesome concept, Patch!

While the Humpback looks like it offers the most spacious option, the original design flows with the lines on the seat so much better IMHO. The gap under the Humpback detracts from the sleek look.

Either way, they both look great! I will be standing in line when they are available for the mass market.

Keep up the outstanding work!
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Love Love Love the Trunk

I'm in the market for a F6B and a detachable truck is a must. I searched the internet to see if any other F6B owners had installed detachable trunks and I saw where several F6B owners had retro fitted their motorcycle with the Harley Davidson tour pak. So glad to see your concept and hope it will be available when I purchase my F6B. Add me to the list -- I definitely want one.

Status?

Another dead project? Same as the mono-wheel F6B trailer?
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Not dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    Another dead project? Same as the mono-wheel F6B trailer?
    The project is far from dead... I didn't count on being the single income for my household when this project was started. Between two teens, two large dogs and my wife, plus a surgery and another one coming in December, I'm tapped for the time being. Still working on it, trying to get the fiberglass molds finished so I can do a few runs with them. I built an initial mold and then realized I forgot to include tie-in blocks so it could be modified for audio systems or internal compartments.

Really happy to hear this message from you, Patch! Thank you! Keep the good thing going and all the best to your recovery from the surgeries!
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Glad to hear the project isnt dead in the water, but first and foremost take care of your health. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Any updates to the project?

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    The project is far from dead... I didn't count on being the single income for my household when this project was started. Between two teens, two large dogs and my wife, plus a surgery and another one coming in December, I'm tapped for the time being. Still working on it, trying to get the fiberglass molds finished so I can do a few runs with them. I built an initial mold and then realized I forgot to include tie-in blocks so it could be modified for audio systems or internal compartments.
    Hope the surgery goes well. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Update

I have the fiberglass molds made. Laid the top, bottom and door just before my surgery on Dec 5th...literally glassing up until 6 hours before I went under. I still have to finish them out, lay over gelcoat and seal before I can make the first case. I still need to figure out the wiring harness and how that's all going to work, since I want the case to have stop, L/R signals, and run cabling in for the missing channels from the amp that are currently just capped, in case someone wants to add speakers in it. I'm still trying to figure out how to get hidden rollers on it and an extending handle so it could be used as off-bike luggage to get to a hotel room should one not want to carry it. All in time I suppose.

It looks like a pigtail that goes under the back lip of the seat is the best option for now so it won't take too much time to get together. As soon as fit and finish is done, I'll post a few photos.

Surgery went well. Dr. says I'm not cleared for riding until the internal stitches have dissolved...approximately another 3 weeks.