Kudo's to Madstad Engineering ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kudo's to Madstad Engineering ...

Quote Originally Posted by rdeady View Post
    I tried the madstad 11 and 13 I'm 5'10". worked great up to 50 or so but I still got some buffeting beyond that speed. Did get rid of the vacuum I have with the 17" honda shield. Also had some whistling sound especially with the 13" that i couldn't pinpoint.Also noticed I couldn't here the stereo as well because you do get some air with the madstad. By the way I easily looked over the 13" so if your 5 10" the 13" is easily doable
    I had to send it back and ate the 75 in shipping costs. Trying to figure out next shield. Think I'm going to have to look through to get the clean pocket I'm looking for
    I think that the "whistling" that you heard, come from the cut edges of the upper Madstad shield. I get the same mild whistling noise... have gotten used to it through.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by rdeady View Post
    I tried the madstad 11 and 13 I'm 5'10". worked great up to 50 or so but I still got some buffeting beyond that speed. Did get rid of the vacuum I have with the 17" honda shield. Also had some whistling sound especially with the 13" that i couldnt pinpoint.Also noticed I couldn't here the stereo as well because you do get some air with the madstad. By the way I easily looked over the 13" so if your 5 10" the 13" is easily doable
    I had to send it back and ate the 75 in shipping costs. Trying to figure out next shield. Think I'm going to have to look through to get the clean pocket I'm looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I think that the "whistling" that you heard, come from the cut edges of the upper Madstad shield. I get the same mild whistling noise... have gotten used to it through.
    Put some masking tape or electrical tape over the bottom edge of the top windshield - see if that affects the whistling.
    I get a whistle between 38-45 mph.
    The angle and height also affects the whistle.
    I just don't drive those speeds....lol.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Update

Received the replacement lower base plate from Madstadt last night. Look like what they did is just drilled larger mounting holes in the lower base plate; probably to aid in getting the bolts started while fastening it down. And will probably help in taking the "bow" out of the base plate after it has been tightened down onto the windshield mounts.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537