Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
Okay, this is making me nervous...big picture:

-Harley is laying off employees due to slow sales
-Ford has suspended production of the F-150, Mustang and Taurus due to excessive inventory
-We have had 87 months of economic growth, one of the longest stretches in between recessions

Economists say that the auto market always precedes the full economy and use it as an indicator.
Yup. Good times nor bad times last forever. Unfortunately, most of America's public (aka 'the middle class') do not prepare for the downward business cycle (aka, the banks stop printing $ then retake people's homes who cannot pay mortagages because expansion and easy of $ has been purposely stopped by banks).

Trust everyone here is saving about 10 - 20 % of their weekly paycheck to always be prepared for this. Believe this downturn happens about every 5 to 7 yrs (historically speaking). This is the time where people who have been wise and saved can now purchase good used bikes (1-3 yrs old) from bikers who are desperate for $$$$ and in turn save thousands of dollars. Picked up my '13 B last March w/ 4K miles for 11K cash. Is that a 7 or 8K saving (factoring in depreciation of course) plus saving taxes, fees, etc. ? The savings from just one this 1 purchase alone, allowed me to enjoy 2 huge majestic and memorable bike vacations this year and then some.

From all accounts, that down cycle is coming soon to the middle class. And, I'm one of 'em.