Reflective pin striping - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reflective pin striping

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That is PERFECT !!!!

I ordered this reflective tape below from Ebay... should be in my hot little hands by Dec 6th

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271971254976

1/4" x 50' ....so I'll have enough to 'experiment" elsewhere on the bike...
    Would this tape be suitable for applying to a circular pattern, as in around the rim edge??

Attachment 24737

Easily. It seems a shade thicker than other pinstriping but it takes a turn easily. You can see here I made a big doubletwistiebendie move. Only been a couple days but a good cleaning with alcohol prep wipes will do the trick. I think I have just enough to do both sides of the front wheel. That is my next target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Attachment 24737

Easily. It seems a shade thicker than other pinstriping but it takes a turn easily. You can see here I made a big doubletwistiebendie move. Only been a couple days but a good cleaning with alcohol prep wipes will do the trick. I think I have just enough to do both sides of the front wheel. That is my next target.
    Perfect, thanks!

So what do you guys think of also adding this reflective striping to the middle of the F6B, such as I indicated below with the fuschia lines? Although your leg would cover some of it while riding; it would be visible when parked. Overall... it would maybe complete the "wholeness" of the flowing lines at night....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I am hoping for some warmer days... but alas; I may have to drag out my propane torpedo heater and get my shed's temperature up to snuff. This 3M reflective striping has to be applied at 55-90 degree's Fahrenheit

And this is definitely the time of the year it's needed... the days are short and the evening darkness is all too often too early.. .

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

So what do you guys think of also adding this reflective striping to the middle of the F6B, such as I indicated below with the fuschia lines? Although your leg would cover some of it while riding; it would be visible when parked. Overall... it would maybe complete the "wholeness" of the flowing lines at night....

I am hoping for some warmer days... but alas; I may have to drag out my propane torpedo heater and get my shed's temperature up to snuff. This 3M reflective striping has to be applied at 55-90 degree's Fahrenheit

And this is definitely the time of the year it's needed... the days are short and the evening darkness is all too often too early.. .
    Hey Will,

My bike is away for the winter, but I will likely follow the same fuchsia lines in black tape, as well as a black front rim tape. Parking rear wheel in to the curb in the early morning hours on an open road, & the all black side view gives me visibility concerns.