Quote Originally Posted by NMRed View Post
Attachment 25053Attachment 25054Attachment 25055
2100 miles later and I couldn't be happier. Chris and Jay did fabulous work (Larry, Jay sends his regards). I've had several other seats on other bikes, but none compare to the fit and comfort of this seat. I feel like I'm part of the bike now. It sets me about 1 3/4 inches higher and an inch back. the narrowed nose of the seat makes flat footing at stops easier than the stock seat did in spite of the greater height. I had planned on all leather, but after talking to Jay I went with the Sunbrella inserts. He said it was more comfortable in both hot and cold weather and his seat with 65k miles on it still looks new. This seat is everything said about it plus some. I did a 218 mile ride today without a single stop, not even for traffic lights. longest day so far has been a little over 700 miles. Now I can't wait for April and an Iron butt 50CC ride. My wife has only rode about a 100 miles on it, but says it is vastly better than the stock seat. Every F6B sold should come with a certificate for one of these seats.
Thanks!
Jay has done the last 3 of my RDL saddles(I've had 7 built over the last 39 yrs) and knows how I like them. The one thing I can say for sure... the RDL saddle only gets better over time.

Them gray inserts sure look sharp and you are going to love the Sunbrella in how well it wears. I used to have my RDLs all made out of leather, but have switched to the synthetic since it has shown to outlast the leather with less maintenance issues and is way more comfortable IMO.