Cell Phone Holder Recommendations? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cell Phone Holder Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by pdxstriper View Post
    Hi
    I used a RAM mount with the ball mount on the brake fluid cap. With this setup I found I could position my iPhone up and forward in my line of sight, and not too much in my face. (The goal being not to block forward vision while not having to look away from the road). I'd take a picture but right now I am in Maui and my bike is back home in Portland, OR.
    Pete
    i'd love to see a photo when you return from Maui. sounds like a perfect location. i'm curious as to how you mounted it on the brake fluid cap.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where my F6B and i have roamed (37,000+ miles)

Quote Originally Posted by StonedInNy View Post
    Ram Xmount is a great mount. Quick tip put a small dab of clear silicone to glue those rubber pieces on the arms. After buying many replacements i finially figured it out. As far as your waterproofing issue. Buy a Lifeproof case for your phone
    good idea StonedInNv. i ordered a pack of replacements and will hunt down some glue before the return of riding season here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where my F6B and i have roamed (37,000+ miles)

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I have a Samsung but bought from this company and it is a great case and mount. Not cheap but worth it! Here is the link for the iphone cases. https://www.rokform.com/collections/apple
    Thanks for that^^^looks like a good option for me.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by tpa View Post
    hey Kitulu, while the Shadow is a great bike, you're going to love the 6 - especially whenever you decide to go far...
    That is why I am looking. Generally cheaper than the Big Twins, and I am a little tired of the drone from the V-Twin with aftermarket exhaust. I took a trip from Ft. Rucker, AL to Panama City Beach a few years ago, which was a little over 2 hours, and by the time I got there I was ready to get off the bike.

Just have to pay off some other debt first before I can justify a new motorcycle payment and/or depleting savings for a down payment or an outright buy.

Just to keep the post within the OP's subject, I used the RAM mount setup on that trip, and it worked flawlessly. I was running Google Maps and IHeartRadio, with an SAE-to-USB adapter running from my battery tender plug to the phone, and an audio cable extender from the phone to the seat strap on the passenger seat. I would route the wire from my earbuds down my jacket to the seat and plug in there.

Quote Originally Posted by tpa View Post
    i'd love to see a photo when you return from Maui. sounds like a perfect location. i'm curious as to how you mounted it on the brake fluid cap.
    Hi
    Well my failed memory proved consistent. It. Turns out that after some experimenting I used the reservoir ball mount for the Garmin and standard RAM parts for the iPhone. Regardless, works real well. See pictures below.

View from the helm. As I mentioned before, for me these are well placed to see both devices without looking away from the road.
    Attachment 25243

View from port. Shows how much I've invested in RAM parts!
    Attachment 25244

View from starboard. Shows reservoir cap with ball mount, which allows Garmin to be placed farther forward than the std RAM mount-to-clutch-or-brake option.
    Attachment 25245

The unused ball mount on the starboard is for a water bottle holder. The reservior cover with ball mount is available from motorcycle larrys.

Hope all this helps. You'd think I am a shareholder in RAM Mounts for all that I have on this bike but that's not the case.
    Pete
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma