Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
Ive seen traxxions old goldwing presentation on YouTube. Very convincing. Are there any criticisms of the set up? Is the ride quality less plush? Does it soak up bumps?
Criticisms? - No. I honestly haven't tested the limits of the envelope and I just don't know what I don't know yet.

Less plush? - Not sure as my parameters were changed.
- Traxxion considers the tires the "first part" of the suspension and their recommended pressure is 34/38
- I haven't seen where the rear suspension preload is set yet. it's allegedly set for my 210lb butt and 15 pounds of gear.
- It did absorb bumps and railroad tracks effortlessly.
- The tires do move less (see GoPro bit in first thread) so I imagine that the suspension is staying more in its optimum operable range, rather than finding the extremes.

Soak up bumps? - I wouldn't say that, you still feel them, but I would definitely hypothesize that I'm feeling a lot less

Testing concepts:
- I'm going to ad a few psi's to the tires and see what that does to the ride. 36/40.
- I'm going to see where the rear preload is set and stiffen that a bit
- Calling Traxxion to ask if the Trax Triple Tree altered the rake/trail any.

Recommendations for anyone:
- put the All Balls tapered bearings in the steering column. Just do it.
- stiffen the fork play. Get a SuperBrace, the Traxxion Brace, Helibars, whatever you can do to lessen the flex between the tubes
- realize that the most under engineered part of this bike is the front suspension and then do something about it if you are interested in spirited riding. (If not, put a CT on the back and call it good. )

Cheers,
Steve