Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
Yes the PMX-1r has all the same functionality as the PMX-8dh with the exception that the PMX-8dh has a video input. The video input is for options that might be utilized on a boat or something , but not on the bike.To be safe, I had emailed Rockford Fosgate on the subject. They confirmed that was the case. Yes I am planning on mounting the PMX-1R right where the stereo contorls used to be on the left side of my fairing. I removed those controlss last year and fabbed up a panel there just for this purpose. When I initially bought the Clarion unit, it was because the Rockford was at that time still unavailable. It was several months, like more than a year before the Rockford finally became available.

What the 8bb does have, that the other ones do not, is "Steering Wheel Input". I'll be using a PAC Sw1-RC to adapt the Handlebar controls of the bike to operate the volume. channel up/down etc... At least that is my plan. Besides that, the 8BB also has a voltage function that is supposed to be displayable on the display. Not the main reason for buying it, but a nice feature to have.
I'll be installing the 8BB where the Clarion unit is now, which is in the box under the passenger seat where the factory "Audio Unit " used to be located.
Would be nice to have the steering wheel input, but not a dealbreaker right now for me. But after i see what you can do, I may change to that unit in the future. Thanks