Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
I had planned on cutting off those 2 bolts, I don't have the guts to hack up the $450.00 control panel LOL yet. Taking a break tonight on the fabrication. I have decided I'm going to send back the PMX 2 and get the PMX 8bb, after hearing from you that I don't have to get the other controller. Wanting the same features I have, but adding the RDS for fm is a plus and hoping that you get the handle bar controls to work would be great. Now that Picts are working on the forum now, would be nice to see what it looks like and your panel mod.
Pictures are working? Where?

Yeah, well sacrificing the panel was a choice I made. I figured that I will never return the bike to stock and if and when I were to sell, well she'll be sold with the goodies.

Yeah I am really digging the 8BB. I haven't got everything back in it's place yet. I did get the handlebar controls to work the 8BB. I can walk you through that, it's not hard. I did have a hiccup that got sorted out today. I bought a PAC Audio SWI-RC steering wheel control adapter. The instructions online and that came with the unit say to set a selector switch to a position categorized as "Other". This other category is supposed to cover some various brands including Rockford Fosgate. It didn't. After calling Tech support today, I was instructed to set the adapter to the position for "Clarion". That fixed it and now my handlebar controls are working. YEAHHHHHHHHH