iPhone 6 compatibility - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: iPhone 6 compatibility

I have a iPhone 6+ and a 2013 model, no problems playing the music thru the bikes system. The handle bar controls work as they should. It's not a plug and go process, the iPhone has to be set up to play first then plug in and hit AUX twice. The bike system reads IPOD and plays as it should. I do have to start the music and turn the phone volume all the way up then plug in and use the handle bar controls.
    Allow Jesus to lead, your life will be complete.

Thanks for that Nuke, exact same setup here with no connection ever. When I get around to the brake recall I'll see if they can do something about the stereo also.
    I don't think it's my phone or any of my many OEM or aftermarket cables because it hooks up fine to both of our Honda CRV USB connections to the sound systems.
    Now to find a dealer I can trust to do the work in my area!

Wink Pics? how? for us slow folks :)

Quote Originally Posted by KenSk8Man View Post
    I use the USB. I ran a USB to the glovebox and powered and controlled my iphone 4S from the USB and handlebar controls. When I switched the radio to AUX, the ipod icon would appear on the display, and everything was cool.

When I plug the iPhone 6 in, the display stays on AUX, the USB icon comes on, but no audio comes through.
    Please explain...not sure why they put everything in the rear/locked saddlebag for this...tks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    I have a iPhone 6+ and a 2013 model, no problems playing the music thru the bikes system. The handle bar controls work as they should. It's not a plug and go process, the iPhone has to be set up to play first then plug in and hit AUX twice. The bike system reads IPOD and plays as it should. I do have to start the music and turn the phone volume all the way up then plug in and use the handle bar controls.
    I'll have to try that with my iPhone 6, thanks!

I've used my iPod successfully, but hadn't figured out how to work the iPhone yet....

Analog vs Digital

This is a good thread on a very confusing subject. In the middle of the digital issues some posts started talking about the analog stuff, and might be confusing to some. Simply, the digital connection is the usb in the left rear saddlebag. If you're lucky to get it to work with iphone or ipod it gives you volume and track control at the handlebars. The analog connection is the plug in the left front cubby. Its a headphone type jack that only gives you volume control on the handlebars. For me, it is a lower quality than the rear usb digital source. My old ipod and my iphone 5s don't work on the usb in the rear on my 2016. A flash drive works great.