Thoughts on David Hough's danger of motorcycling - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on David Hough's danger of motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I like your post.

As for what you wrote in red, that reminded me of a county in New York with demographics that may shock those who think New York = New York City and people everywhere. Hamilton County, NY, in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains, has a population of 5,000 and ZERO traffic lights total. It has the lowest population density of any county east of the Mississippi. It is not a small county either, being larger than 1,000 square miles (a little smaller than Rhode Island).

As for your light blue comment, that reminds of a guy I know who got up to pee at 3am, slipped on the bathroom floor, hit his arthritic neck on the vanity countertop, and damaged his spinal cord. This paralyzed him from the neck down. He is now in a wheelchair. Why not face some risk with wisdom to mitigate a lot of it, than sit around in fear?

I must remind myself to not be afraid to live and do the things I enjoy. I would rather die while living than die while dying.
    Amen brother!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

amen

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I can't begin to count the accidents I had on my bicycles over the years. Lots of skin and flesh on the asphalt in middle Georgia.

Bought my first motor bike in 1977. Had my first crash in 1977 (my fault for not paying attention) My last crash was on the same day as my first. I learned a lot about respect and fear and paid far less than many. I live in a county that has 15K people in it and 5 stop lights---TOTAL! I ride to Raleigh ever so often and I am never comfortable---in the city or the 4 lane getting there.

I am thoroughly convinced that the most dangerous thing on the road today is the cell phone. Riding a bike is a lot more dangerous that riding in a car. But riding in a car is a lot more dangerous than sitting on the couch watching TV but people do that, too.

I'll take my chances----EYES WIDE OPEN!

As I read on a poster a long time ago: Everybody crashes---some ride again. Some don't. Some can't.

Be safe out there!
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For