Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
....They make decisions based on price/content that they believe will sell. For example, the Canadian bikes get the ABS if it's available, haven't seen any exceptions. I do question their sanity when it comes to dropping cruise control and reverse on the early F6Bs.

Just to prove they are insane I have read that there will be no DCT Gold Wings for 2018 in Canada, you have to get the full Tour model to get that.

Or buy a used one from the USA.
So I guess this is what a meeting in the Honda USA boardroom sounds like:

[Suit 1]: "Hmmm. I think we should remove a tried and true feature that has been on Goldwings for years, is already engineered into the bike's design (therefore it makes virtually no difference to the price), and exists in the bike that would be a primary competitor and is already available in the market (BMW K-series) on a similarly priced vehicle."

[Suit 2]: "You mean like when we took off features that we've had for YEARS like Cruise Control, Navigation, ABS, and reverse to excessively differentiate from the full wing, even though the main competition at the time, the Harley Street Glide, had them all, except reverse, for a similar MSRP?"

[Suit 1]: "Yes."

[Suit 2]: "And you think we should do it again with a no-cost feature that we've had for years... for no sensible reason at all?"

[Suit 1]: "Yes."

[Suit 2]: "You sir.... are a GENIUS!!!"

[Suit 1]: "Not at all! I just keep my finger on the pulse of what our customers REALLY want. I even decided to pioneer a brand new feature... an add-on trunk that takes four hours to put on!"

[Suit 2]: "Amazing!!! No wonder you're the VP!!!"