2018 Goldwing ENGINE DRONE ???

Thread: 2018 Goldwing ENGINE DRONE ???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You can bet Honda is all ears on every review written on the 2018! Like every other manufacturer, be they auto or cycle, the introduction of "First Year Models" become "Owner Test Beds. Keen eyes and ears glean any and all info from reported and accomplished "warranty work"! Defective parts are returned to the manufacturer for "Finite Failure Analysis" and improvements inducted into the manufacturing process! Some manufacturers are quicker than others to respond to defects which are usually "safety" related. With Honda's long record of superb engine building, to include the new "sleeveless flat six" I highly doubt the heart and soul of the 18's would be anything to worry about. Drone is another matter! Honda listened to folks who complained of too tame exhaust! Achieving a nice/respectable rumble at idle was achieved. Hearing a 18 first hand at a local dealer, I was impressed. Unfortunately it seems, early on, that there has been a trade off! If the "drone" is as pronounced as initially reported, I'll be holding on to my 13 with stock exhaust. With 56K miles on the clock, original spark plugs in place, 40/42 MPG and the "brake recall" completed and equipped with options I deemed appropriate, My 13 my well be my first ever, 200K mile cycle!
    Last edited by bob109; 03-05-2018 at 08:24 AM.