New Dunlop Elite 4 Tires Installed Today

Thread: New Dunlop Elite 4 Tires Installed Today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wanted to go with Elite 4's, have always run the elites on my previous wings, 1200 and 1500 and always liked them. This is the first time I've had radials on a bike. I usually get very good mileage out of my tires. My original stones, I got 17K on the back tire and just changed my front at 20K on my 16 deluxe. So I put original stones back on due to the price I got them for. I should have replaced them about 3K earlier on each though, ran them a little past wear bars. I ride mostly interstate back and forth on a long commute. Probably will try E 4's next time, waiting to see more results. I do like the way the stones handle and I'm not a big fan of bridgestone at all. I've always been able to get high mileage out of all my tires as long as I've been riding, in fact the guy at the local bike shop (not dealer) mentioned when I took the wheel and tire to him to mount for me, he said the wear was perfect on the tires, so said I'm doing everything right. But have always gotten nearly twice the mileage out of the front vs. the rear. Had always done two rear tires for every front tire. Maybe that won't happen with radials. I run 40 psi both front and rear.
    Last edited by tpwood; 06-18-2018 at 10:55 PM.