Seeking opinions from those who own both the F6B and the F6C

Thread: Seeking opinions from those who own both the F6B and the F6C

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Jim, I had an F6C for about 10,000 miles before I sold it to buy the B and I have zero regrets. Before I say anything about the difference in bikes, what kind of windshield are you running on the B? I have a Mad5tad with an 11 inch shield and in it's lowest position, provides both great protection AND the nice feeling of still being on a motorcycle. HIGHLY recommend.

As to the bikes, there are lots of things I liked about the C, but there were a few that I really didn't enjoy. Chiefly, for me, the reach to the bars and the angle of the grips SUCKS on the Valk(I'm 6', 31 inch inseam), and it's a rather more bothersome pain in the ass to change than it should be, in my opinion. Some guys on the Valk forum went as far as to cut the electronics control lines, add more wiring, create custom mounts and bars, etc., just to address this. I think there might be a couple of work-arounds to this, but I didn't want to spend the time and possible expense without knowing for sure, when the B fit me as well as it does. Exacerbating this problem is the throttle response. The mechanisms that control the throttle on the B are slightly more refined than on the C, (once again, detailed explanations available over at the VRCC forum), and so the throttle is all around not as much snappier, as it is "jerkier". Also, the transmissions are the same between the B and C, so if you think 1st is short on the B, wait till you get on the same bike 90 pounds lighter. It feels like it's geared to climb a tree. Way too short, and Honda should've ponied up for a different gearing setup, once again, purely in my opinion.

That being said, the Valk was a fun bike to ride on short jaunts. The wind pressure is substantial with no shield, but it is an incredibly satisfying view from the cockpit. Like riding atop a futuristic raging bull. Despite my serious dislikes of a couple of its features, if money were no object, I'd own one again just to futz with the bars to see if I could get them right. But being that money is definitely an object for me, I absolutely love my B. Good luck! Yours is a good dilemma to have!

Jason
    Last edited by Verismo; 07-01-2018 at 06:50 PM.