Revco Pegs More Purple than BLACK - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revco Pegs More Purple than BLACK

Anybody hear whether Rivco resolved the purple discoloration issue? I'd buy them if they have. Would also consider a used pair if in good condition.

Just wonderful. Mine will arrive tomorrow. If I saw this post I would never have ordered them.

Well, if yours look good let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by db24 View Post
    Well, if yours look good let me know!
    I'll definitely post for you how they look.

If my Rivco pegs fell of the bike tomorrow while riding as soon as I get home I would order another set.They work great for me and the color is a none issue to me.The slight slight
    slight hint of purple in the black is nothing very hard to notice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    If my Rivco pegs fell of the bike tomorrow while riding as soon as I get home I would order another set.They work great for me and the color is a none issue to me.The slight slight
    slight hint of purple in the black is nothing very hard to notice
    This.......

RIVCOS & Short Riders

I have a set of the Rivco pegs on my Gold Wing installed in 2009, set full back. I have a 30" inseam and the stock saddle. The only problem I seem to have with them is my feet keep sliding off. Perhaps the early models had a shorter stirrup. Haven't seen the current generation except for photos which seem the same. The only other real complaint is the inability to deploy them on the fly. I liked the idea I read on another thread of installing a nut on the bottom in order to hook your boot sole to open while riding.

In reading about the new Ultimate saddle herein, I understand it seats you about an inch closer to the tank which may solve the problem of shorter inseamed fellers being able to effectively use the Rivco Aero pegs. I plan on ordering the Ultimate soon and will install the Gold Wing set on my F6 for a test comparison. I'll let you know.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YODA View Post
    I have a set of the Rivco pegs on my Gold Wing installed in 2009, set full back. I have a 30" inseam and the stock saddle. The only problem I seem to have with them is my feet keep sliding off. Perhaps the early models had a shorter stirrup. Haven't seen the current generation except for photos which seem the same. The only other real complaint is the inability to deploy them on the fly. I liked the idea I read on another thread of installing a nut on the bottom in order to hook your boot sole to open while riding.

In reading about the new Ultimate saddle herein, I understand it seats you about an inch closer to the tank which may solve the problem of shorter inseamed fellers being able to effectively use the Rivco Aero pegs. I plan on ordering the Ultimate soon and will install the Gold Wing set on my F6 for a test comparison. I'll let you know.

The NEW 2013 Rivco pegs are approximately 2" inches longer than the first ones produced 5 years ago.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Excellent! That'll certainly solve the problem of slipping. Hopefully I had something to do with that. Had them installed at a Wing Ding, rode home and emailed the (I believe) original designer with my concerns/evaluations. This was pre-Rivco I also believe. He said "thanks" and would work on improvements. Never heard back, so I guess my, and perhaps others, comments were addressed with the longer peg.

My review

Installation was a breeze. Simple to the point. Didn't even need the directions. I loosened up the bottom peg nut just enough to deploy them with my workboots with no problems at all. These pegs are engineered with 100% precision. Fit is perfect. Finish, well the black coloring is alittle off. But I'm looking for functionality not bling. I can deal with it. Took bike around the block and I'm 100% positive I'm not sending them back. If they turn a purplish color, I'll just paint the entire bike the same color.