I did it - pulled trigger on '16 Level 3 full Wing

Thread: I did it - pulled trigger on '16 Level 3 full Wing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I corrected my response. It was meant “left over 16s at $10,000 off”. And you are correct, the models I saw are new Audio Comfort for similar prices. I personally do not want navigation and airbag on my bike. Rather have my navigation separate and be the latest and greatest. The local HD dealer had a 13 GW with 9k miles and asking price was $12,499. Don’t know which model it was as I wasn’t paying that close of attention as I wasn’t interested in purchasing it. Just made me realize my F6BD wasn’t worth trading to them.
    Gotcha! If the original reply was true, I would let my buyer keep the $200 deposit and I would be on a flight to Florida tomorrow with a check in hand!

As for your comment in bold, the Navi/XM/ABS model (Level 3) is the cheapest one available with ABS ... and those retailed for $28,299 in 2016. This is the problem I have with Honda - other manufacturers have ABS on tourers at half this price (like 2016 Indian Springfield, Vic CC). Meanwhile, no F6 sold in the US has it. Canadian and Australian F6s have ABS, as their owners regularly (and justifiably) rub it in our faces.

I was playing around with the nav system on the Wing I bought yesterday, and I think it is the same one that Tom Hanks used to get home in Apollo 13. It takes over a minute to punch in an address, where it takes 5 seconds on my iPhone. I still have a Garmin 396 sitting on my desk that i was gonna install on my F6, but I want to experiment with the factory Navi system first ... there's a reason why it is not for sale yet over on the classified page.
    Last edited by VStarRider; 06-16-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6