The Holy Land - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Holy Land

South Dakota

SD kicked my ass today, going East to Fairmont, MN, on I-90 there was a steady 20-30 mph south wind that wouldn't let up which always fun, especially going around those car carriers and tractor trailers. BTW, in Walmart getting food I noticed it's okay in MN to wear shorts with black knee socks and white sneakers, no one notices.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I loved Rushmore, one of the highlights of my trip. Did you go through Needles? That road is hairy. Nice bike btw.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I loved Rushmore, one of the highlights of my trip. Did you go through Needles? That road is hairy. Nice bike btw.
    Next trip, next year I want to hit Crazy Horse, Badlands and other sights. This bike just glides, even going from Flagstaff to Blythe, California, where it was 115 degrees for hours that temp gauge didn't move @ 80MPH. BTW, she just broke 40,000 miles. I left Fairmont, MN and landed in Elkhart,IN

BTW, snagged a left side engine cover for $52 shipped on ebay, now all I need is a right side mirror housing. You know those little birds that fly back and forth across the Interstate, I guess this is the way they cul the herd, poor fellow didn't make it. Death was instantaneous though he felt no pain. Luckily I carry JB Weld Plastic Weld and it worked like a charm. She's limping back from the cross country but by the time I'm done she'll be like new.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    BTW, snagged a left side engine cover for $52 shipped on ebay, now all I need is a right side mirror housing. You know those little birds that fly back and forth across the Interstate, I guess this is the way they cul the herd, poor fellow didn't make it. Death was instantaneous though he felt no pain. Luckily I carry JB Weld Plastic Weld and it worked like a charm. She's limping back from the cross country but by the time I'm done she'll be like new.
    That bird must've been displaying the red meatball

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

if you hit up the airforce museum in dayton ohio they have 4 large hangers, half of the newest one is presidential aircraft and you can walk through all of the bigger ones, I think 4. if your going through ohio today what route are/did you take?

That’s the one I showed you that had a crack anyway. You didn’t care about that if you recall, lol

Next trip, next year I want to hit Crazy Horse, Badlands and other sights. This bike just glides, even going from Flagstaff to Blythe, California, where it was 115 degrees for hours that temp gauge didn't move @ 80MPH. BTW, she just broke 40,000 miles. I left Fairmont, MN and landed in Elkhart,IN
    Many more to go too. My previous bike hit 42k

That’s the one I showed you that had a crack anyway. You didn’t care about that if you recall, lol
    I remember but now the baker wing won't stay in the open position. Every time you open it it closes as soon as force is applied. The last x-country I did in 2015 one of those birds hit me in the chest while going back and forth. It was like getting hit with a punch in the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That bird must've been displaying the red meatball

He probably turned into a little red meatball, lots of deer roadkill and I saw a turtle yesterday walking like nothing on the side of the road