Heated Grips took a crap. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips took a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Good Gawd! What part failed?
    Left grip, this might have started with the Heli-bars install
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

My grips stopped working after the heli-bars install as well. In my case both stopped working though, it started as they weren't getting as hot, now they don't heat up at all. The lights on the switch still work fine, they aren't blinking or anything. I think I'm just goanna have them replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    My grips stopped working after the heli-bars install as well. In my case both stopped working though, it started as they weren't getting as hot, now they don't heat up at all. The lights on the switch still work fine, they aren't blinking or anything. I think I'm just goanna have them replaced.
    The problem was I was lazy, the throttle grip is closer to the connection under the right pocket, which give it more slack. Instead of loosening the clutch side bar on the heli's, where I wouldn't have to tug the grip, and propbably pop a wire to slip it on, I just stretched it and because I did it in warm weather I never checked it. Stupid question, you checked the fuse right? Middle bank 4th one down 5 amp.

Yeah, I checked the fuse, they slowly crapped out on me, I had a shop install the bars, I work too much and want to ride when I'm not working so don't have the time to work on it myself sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    Yeah, I checked the fuse, they slowly crapped out on me, I had a shop install the bars, I work too much and want to ride when I'm not working so don't have the time to work on it myself sadly.
    They probably stretched the grips, instead of loosening the cross bar on the helis, like I did, and it caused a slight problem to get worse over time. I'll never do that twice.

That might be it, I just purchased a new controller unit on webike I'm hoping that fixes the issue as it's less than $30 with shipping instead of the hundreds for the entire set

Just seeing this now. I hardly ever used the heated grips, but whatever is on the bike is the way it came when I bought it. I never used the plug in ports for the gear either.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Just seeing this now. I hardly ever used the heated grips, but whatever is on the bike is the way it came when I bought it. I never used the plug in ports for the gear either.
    Plug in ports work fine Wayne. This was probably my screw up when I put the Heli-Bars on, the right one works and the left doesn't. They were working fine before the bar install. I actually have my sons chipping in for a new one for Christmas.

Welp, wasn't the new controller unit, was a little triangular piece of metal, looks like I'm going to have to either purchase a new OEM which are out of stock most places, or find a good aftermarket set. Anyone have suggestions on the best and not too expensive after market sets?

I found both grips for $218.00, let me recheck that