riding position - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: riding position

IamBatmanF6B

Mid Rider Position

Chop Top, I would assume you are referring to me as the person selling due to themed rider position not being for them. First off, other than this I love this bike! If I would have bought it with intent of just running around on the weekends then I would probably keep it. It is a solid performer for sure but it just isn't for tall riders if you ask me from personal experience. It took me almost 6 months to pull the trigger on buying this thing and I can't really say I regret buying it because I wish the mid rider position did work for me........yeah, that's how cool I think this bike is!

The best fitting bike I have ever rode was a Victory Cross Roads. I demoed a new one about three years ago. I was talking to a Victory salesman this week about the F6B and how the mid rider position wasn't cutting it for me and he said that Victory had went to a mid ride position (on a 13 model I believe) and they were practically crucified for it. They changed it back in 14. I wish I could remember what model he was talking about.

When it comes down to it, you just need to ride one for a solid hour or so. If you were closer to me I would tell you to come out my way and let you ride mine.......of course you would need to be interested in paying the 16,000 I am asking for my black beast!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I was talking to a Victory salesman this week about the F6B and how the mid rider position wasn't cutting it for me and he said that Victory had went to a mid ride position (on a 13 model I believe) and they were practically crucified for it. They changed it back in 14. I wish I could remember what model he was talking about.

Judge

Most who had 'em changed out the bars ASAP.

IMHO, in addition to the ergo's, there were other original styling cues that were not well-received as well. (Who really wants a sidecover that looks like its made to place a 'number' on for motocross???) To me, the 2014 Judge looks less like a Judge and more like a Hammer/Jackpot.

2013 Judge: http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en...dge/motorcycle

2014: http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en...dge/motorcycle

Riding Position

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Having not had benefit of a test ride, and won't for a while unless I fly to Orlanda and hijack Steve 0080's bike for a weekend, thanks again for the offer, and chomping at the bit to get one, I have a concern. Over the last couple of days I read about (1) person selling his F6b because of the "mid
    rider" position and another posting today that he struggles w/the riding position. I have had a couple of Roadstar Warriors that I have either modified the seat threw shaving material out or buying a new seat to get that "riding in" the bike rather than on top of it, if you know what I mean. I kind of sit "on" my Harley, unlike the Warriors I had. Is this how the F6b feels or is it a sitting to close or to far back. Your thoughts please.
    I can't imagine all that stressful thinking - got get one!

I sat on the mine at the dealership on the centerstand for quite awhile. Its definitely different then sitting on my HD Deluxe. Now that I have had it for a bit, I installed Rocky risers. Now I sit almost straight up, which allows me to scoot back and lean a little forward, or scoot up and and lean a little back.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I owned a bike with forward pegs, a VFR800 with (not aggressively) tucked away pegs, a Multistrada with slightly tucked pegs, and this F6B with true mid-rider pegs that put my knees at a 90 degree bend. I find this position MUCH more comfortable than any of the others; no kinking in the knees, and yet I can still stand on the pegs if I want to fully stretch out for a few seconds. I can see how guys with > 32 inch inseam might prefer forward controls, but I can't see why for regular riding anyone would prefer forward controls. You can't stand up on the bike, and it makes shifting your weight around on the bike much more difficult.

But we all get used to a certain way of riding, I get it. I just think that if a guy gets used to this riding position that it would be hard to imagine a better one for all-around riding, and riding long distances. At least for this bike it's best. On a S1000RR, sure, you want that race tuck. On a cruiser, sure, forward pegs. That's kind of what they're about. But to me the F6B is a real GT (Grand Tourer) and as such is balancing comfort and performance. I doubt there's another bike out there that does it better.

I love the riding position Chop. The postion takes all stress off my lower back and the handling is out of this world. Im 5-11 with a 29-30 inch inseam, 225lbs if that matters .

I love the seating position. It has that "Wow, I could do this all day" feeling. My arms must be short though, the only discomfort I get is in the shoulders. My handlebar risers are at home waiting for me to install them. Can't wait.

Good grief, never buy a car or motorcycle or anything this expensive from a dealer without riding it. Period.

For the record, one of the reasons I came to the F6 is because of the mid-riding position. Riding with your feet in front of you looks cool on the cruisers, but you can't corner for shit and getting up off the seat to clear an obstacle turns into a pull-up. I love the control and agility I feel on the F6 -- and I really like having my feet under me.

I agree with some of the other guys that the mid-rider position is actually one of the things I really like about the F6B. Coming from a cruiser that had a feet forward position that just never felt right, but I chalked it up to being a new rider. First time I rode with the mid-rider position it clicked in my brain, "wait a tic, it's not me it's the bike!".

I've had mine for 3 months at this point and have not ever regretted the purchase. Aside from some bucket list type rides that will be better suited to an "adventure bike" I love having a bike that feels like it is the right bike for everything. Short jaunts, commutes, long rides, no problem.

This may be an over-generalization but the F6B design seems to be aimed at the "sportier" crowd, as compared to straight-up cruisers. The position of the foot pegs lends itself to more of an "attack" position . If you've ever tried to ride aggressively on a true cruiser with your feet up in the "birthing" position, you probably know what I mean . My Triumph Rocket 3 would have been classified as a power cruiser and the forward pegs were never comfortable in the twisties, at least not for me. I would classify the F6B as a sport-cruiser-tourer. Come to think of it, it's hard to really classify the F6B simply because it does so many things so well . I can't think of a more versatile weapon