Any Paint Update???
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Paint Update???

Cool Any Paint Update???

I know this is getting old but I was wondering where things stand in the paint department pertaining to the F6B. With the rebates and discounts I'm really considering one in place of my 05 Wing but as anal as I am I'm not sure I'd be happy with the paint. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Buy it, wax it several times and ride on..........................
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

wax ON...wax OFF...ride ON

Take Me to Your Leader

Does anyone know the name of the HOR owner? I feel strongly that as one of the Premier Dealers in the US, HOR is in a unique position to take the "paint issue" up the ladder to Mother Honda. I witnessed first hand how a new F6B can appear to be damaged right out of the box. There was no denying it. I do realize that a Dealership does not want to bite the hand that provides new items to sell to the public, however as providers themselves they are in a leadership role and they have responsibilities for which they should be accountable. My intention is to contact this person and appeal to his determination to improve his business by providing feedback on plans, going forward, regarding Honda's process and how and when it will change. My hope is that a three way conversation can be initiated so at least future buyers can know when this problem has been rectified.
    Blotar

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    FWIW, I'm not sure of the wording on the paint warranty.

Not sure paint is even mentioned in any warranty.

This creates an 'implied/perceived' situation that has no firm definition with no verifiable statistics to show/quantify owner dissatisfaction or loss of value: past, present, or future. (A forum poll ain't gonna cut it. There is no catalog full of 'they told me my paint was scratched up when I went to trade it in so they knocked another 'XXX' off the value' stories to reference either)

The condition that is attempting to be defined can be further aggravated by the owner, depending on what they do to and how they care for the finish after purchase.

This isn't quite like the GM debacle where the paint came off the vehicle in large chunks, washed or not. There are tons of gray/undefined/assumed conditions with this one.

Most of the owners will have sold/traded/moved on before anything would be decided. I'll be one of 'em. Not due to the paint, but, due to perpetual change in my taste.

Life is a battle. If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to pick and choose those battles,,,,, choose wisely.

The paint issue

I followed up with my dealer this week on the paint issue. He said that Mother Honda would provide a set of instructions and a bottle of 3M Finesse for my paint issue. I am at a loss for words.

HOR is probably one dealer who is thrilled that Honda is having "paint issues" since their bread and butter is custom painted bikes. I say paint issues in quotes because I think its been blown way out of proportion, but thats just my opinion.

I tend to agree with the above post, somewhat...Not having any paint issues myself as I had mine custom painted at dealer before pick-up, I think the paint issue has been blown way out of proportion as some tend to see this issue posted on the web here and jump on the band wagon just to add comments...I wonder if there is any honest and real way to actually determine how many F6B's really have seriously bad paint issues??..I just can't accept the fact that Honda, perhaps the largest producer of bikes in the world with a huge market in the US, intended to paint their bikes with crap paint just to save money...Maybe so, but all the bikes I have seen in showrooms in Michigan seem to be fine and show nothing noticeable...I said on a earlier post a while back that of the 5 dealers I visited over the last year, no had any reported paint issues....Or, they lied.......JMHO

For me, bad paint is a deal breaker... do I want an F6B, you bet but not with such poor quality paint. IF I do decide then ROH will most likely get my business after they repaint one for me..... almost like a Harley (I own 2) and having to spend so much to "make it right".

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I tend to agree with the above post, somewhat...Not having any paint issues myself as I had mine custom painted at dealer before pick-up, I think the paint issue has been blown way out of proportion as some tend to see this issue posted on the web here and jump on the band wagon just to add comments...I wonder if there is any honest and real way to actually determine how many F6B's really have seriously bad paint issues??..I just can't accept the fact that Honda, perhaps the largest producer of bikes in the world with a huge market in the US, intended to paint their bikes with crap paint just to save money...Maybe so, but all the bikes I have seen in showrooms in Michigan seem to be fine and show nothing noticeable...I said on a earlier post a while back that of the 5 dealers I visited over the last year, no had any reported paint issues....Or, they lied.......JMHO
    I wonder if you would change your tune if you had a bike with PAINT ISSUES! Please don't patronize or take the side of Honda if you don't have this issue. I have had my issue confirmed by my dealer and Honda rep. Honda refuses to resolve. Throw some wax on it, 3M finesse it, use a microfiber cloth bla bla bla. I have done all of this and still have swirls and scratches. Now what?!